Disability - Help melaine

3 posts Page 1 of 1

Mrs Plec

Post by Mrs Plec » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:37 pm
Sorry Mel for not ringing but Mr plec has not been well over the xmas & new yr period & also i just thought this might help others in the future.

Just a quick question. Just waiting for confirmation for my partners illness and if diagnosed with UC, he may be entitled to some sort of DLA and could also get grants from NACC for clothes and new washing machine etc. We think that DLA will be counted as income but what he wants to know is if he does qualify would any grant he gets from NACC also be counted or not?

Sam

Look to the future not in the past!!
Last edited by Mrs Plec on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam

1 down 59 to go!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:57 pm
Grants are given to you to make specific purchases, so I will not be including them as your income - so long as you use the money for the specific purpose it was intended!

I am afraid that any DLA award will be treated as income, but do be sure to let me know of any additional expenditure there may be associated with his illness - such as additional medication - which will be set-off against this sum.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Mrs Plec

Post by Mrs Plec » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:08 pm
Thanks Melanie

We thought the DLA would be. We will let you know when we get full diagnose on the 22nd and he will then deceided if he is going to try for DLA. Our medical allowance is covered as we got him a PPC for his meds. He was just wondering abouth the grants as he finds it embarrsing at times espcially when he's had bad days like recently. If you would like more details I will ring your office tomorrow lunch.

Many thanks again

Sam

Sam

1 down 59 to go!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “disability living allowance”