Disability Living Allowance

53 posts Page 4 of 4

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:30 pm
Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:43 pm
Great News about the Car, Jan. No doubt will make life a bit easier for you and hubby, really pleased for you [:)]
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:47 pm
Thank you debtmountain. It will mean hubby isn't tied to the house when I am at work. It has been a pain for doctors or hospital appontments which have coincided with me being at work. It means he has to take me and pick me up which is a real pain. It will also mean that he can get up to our local village (well I use that term losely!) high street without waiting for me to get home.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:47 pm
Thats great news about the car Jan - bet you can't wait [8D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:58 pm
That new car smell!!!!!!![:D][:D]
Bob Marley.

stressed_suzanne

Post by stressed_suzanne » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:46 am
Completely missed that you've - well hubby _ has been awarded the higher rate DLA, excellent news :)
Suzanne

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:39 am
Just an update, a previous post on here mentioned about council tax rebate. We've rung the council this morning and aren't eligible as it's means tested and I earn too much money!

Still, we do have the car which is a huge bonus and he can now get the blue badge which we will be doing this afternoon.
Bob Marley.

Rosepetal

Post by Rosepetal » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:53 pm
Hi, i'm on DLA,i've got a neurological condition. I would be totally housebound without my motability car as i can't walk very well/far, i have a trolley with wheels&tray for indoors,a wheelchair(which i keep forgetting needs it's service! I never thought about things like replacing,servicing equipment when talking to Tina,there's so much to think about!)and a small scooter for outdoors but i can't use that in this weather.

I got my radar key from "the link",it was about £3. My blue badge is a God send,not just because you park closer to hospital,dr's,shops etc but for the width of the spaces,you can open your doors wide for getting yourself and equipment in&out,a simple thing makes such a difference!

For anyone who travels on motorways you can get a Toll pass for motorways,you pay a one off admin fee,i think it lasts 3 years.
Nothing stays the same...everything changes..hang on in there!
53 posts Page 4 of 4
Return to “we salute the special people managing disability”