disablity allowance classed as an income?

5 posts Page 1 of 1

andrew.a

Post by andrew.a » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:17 pm
i am an oap, also i am disabled. i am already involved in an iva, the monthly payement i make is out of my disablity allowance, now i am not sure that i should be paying out of this allowance because it looks to me that it cannot be classed as an income, am i correct and what do you advise me to do. thankyou.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:46 pm
Hi
In an IVA all income is taken into account,however make sure that you list your expenditure as it really is.
How are you getting on in your IVA ? can you tell me your total unsecured debt,going into your IVA,and monthly payments ?
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson and Website Manager

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

Cybus

Post by Cybus » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:47 pm
I would ask on what form(s) of income was your IVA based. Presumably Disability Allowance was used in the calculation. If you were not to receive disability allowance, would the IVA have been viable?
Disability Allowance is a form of income as it is money that is coming in to your household.

Tell it like it is.
Tell it like it is.

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:44 pm
some DLA is awarded for life and I have known people on benifits get a mortgage on the back of this.Some DLA is reviewed and not classed as definate income.Certainly on application it is not means tested. Cat1

lily

Post by lily » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:02 am
Hi

I worked and my boys get DLA and it was included in the calculation but one was cancelled out due to the extra expense associated with their condition.

If it is your only source of income then Bankruptcy would be the better option.

lily
lily
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “we salute the special people managing disability”