DIY DMP - Do- It Yourself Debt Management Plan

21 posts Page 2 of 2

Lilden

Post by Lilden » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:26 pm
Hi, this charity is sponsored by businesses involved in giving the credit in the first place, how independant is it, how safe is the info that it asks for. Dont want to sound sceptical however if they release your details to creditors, you position is blown is it not?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:18 pm
I imagine that your details will be quite safe. You are the one writing to the creditors, not them, and you are creating an account that is personal to you.

It would be rather like your bank giving out your details to someone else.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

debthelpcharity.com

Post by debthelpcharity.com » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:49 pm
Hi,

Just to respond to the post earlier today regarding the confidentiality of information gathered in the Debt Help Charity debt management system.

No information is passed to third parties, indeed access to the information is heavily restricted and used only by the user, who created it to generate letters and a financial statement to give to their creditors.

Furthermore there are no sponsors involved in debthelpcharity.com that are creditors themselves.

There are many people using the Debt Help Charity's DIY debt plan who have found it a very useful resource and not had any negative feedback.

I would welcome some feedback from them on this thread just to confirm this.

Please call us if you have any concerns - click on the link below to access the number.
Last edited by debthelpcharity.com on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.debthelpcharity.com
Do-it-yourself Debt Management Plan
Use our free service to set up and manage a DMP via our website.

dhc

Post by dhc » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:24 am
I am managing my own DMP using Debt Help Charity. I have found the charity to be very professional and helpful. I particularly foundsetting up my own personal account on the website very user friendly. I would definately recommend people to use Debt Help Charity. There is always someone on the forum to help answer queries and questions. If you need further help, there is also a telephone helpline you can call.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:14 pm
I belive Andy Davie is a Trustee of this Charity and its Forum posts mimic this Forum in looks and functionality.
Last edited by David Mond on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:17 pm
It looks like a useful tool for people who don't want to use a big company.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
21 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Debt Management”