DMP problems HELP!!

19 posts Page 1 of 2

rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:14 pm
i have been trying to arrange a DMP through payplan for months now but i keep stumbling on hurdles thanks to the creditors. when we applied for an IVA my husbands was accepted and mine rejected so i had to arrrange the repayment plan for my part. however, all of the creditors are saying that they require considerably more than my offer or they WILL be starting recovery. problem is, with my husband in a an IVA we are working to a crippling budget anyway, there is just no more to give. Also in the last 3 months the letters have shown the debts to be doubling even tripling in some cases. Llyods TSB bank went up from £198 to £320 in a space of 4 weeks then in the last 10 days up to £660. the offer was already going to take 17 years to pay and i am sure if i look at latest figures it is now far beyond that.
what am i to do? feel like throwing in the towel and looking at bankruptcy again because i can sure as hell prove to a judge that i have tried everything!

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:18 pm
RC, I think you're right, you CAN prove that to the judge! Jeez, you've had a terrible time with all this. I'm sure the experts will try and help you. Sorry RC, thinking of you. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Andrew Graveson

Post by Andrew Graveson » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:32 pm
Hi rollercoaster,

What have your contacts at Payplan had to say about the rejections and escalating debts? Have they indicated what they are doing to resolve that for you?
Andrew Graveson
Bright Oak Ltd
UK Debt Management Company

rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:43 pm
i have been emailing them about the severe escalation in debts for a while now with no reply, but today i was emailed from somebody saying that i have been passed to client support and i have emailed them directly outlining my concerns, my severe leaning to BR and some possible solutions. I have asked them that would the creditors be more willing if they knew that when my husbands IVA finishes there would be obviously alot more available surplus which would then be going to them.
My debt was £17K (which is less than a third of what was my husbands) My offer in theory would increase from £86pm, to that figure PLUS £412 (husbands IVA payment!!!
sort of feel that i am doing there job for them??

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:47 pm
Personally, I would try another company just to see if they are able to broker better deals with your creditors. Andrew Graveson of Brightoak comes highly recommended.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:50 pm
Thanks for the advice. one option that i never thought of. Will wait until tomorrow (wedding anniversary today) for a reply and if none arrives i think i will follow that course of action, i just need some sort of closure so i can work at repaying it.

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:55 pm
Hi Rollercoaster

Sorry you are having problems.

I hope you have had a better day today.

Happy anniversary for yesterday.

XX

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:04 pm
Hi
It's times like this that you would love to go bankrupt just to show the creditors that they are being so unreasonable.
Try Andrew,he will give it the personal touch that your case clearly needs.
Don't forget to try for a SIVA once they are rolled out[Oct?]
Regards
Andam Davies

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:12 pm
Andy what is a SIVA?

[?]

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:20 pm
Answered on another of your posts Marie!

rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:42 pm
now i want to know what a SIVA is and dont know what post to go to in order to find out. lol

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:28 pm
A SIVA is a proposed simplified version of an IVA, which only requires a 50% majority voting in favour of the proposals, and requires no annual reviews or reports to creditors. They are anticipated to be available to consumers at the end of this year, or early next year, but some of us wonder if they will ever arrive.

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:51 pm
Would SIVA's be a good or a bad thing? Can't you tell I have n't got a clue. I'm placing all my trust in you Melanie lol!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:53 pm
SIVAS will be a good thing if they are ever introduced, but they will be too late for you Marie! We hope to finalise your IVA proposals tomorrow, and I have my best man on the job!

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:07 pm
Pappin my pants now!

Thanks Melanie

[:X]
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Debt Management”