dmp's

6 posts Page 1 of 1

lendusaquid

Post by lendusaquid » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:41 pm
Can you arrange a dmp on your own avoiding management fes? would they work or not?

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:55 pm
You can certainly try, and there is no absolute certainty that such a plan would not work. You should already have a financial statement that presumably you are happy with, so you could send that with a covering letter and offer of a pro rata payment to each creditor and wait for their response.

You have nothing to lose, your creditors already know you are in trouble and have rejected your IVA proposal. At worst if it doesn't work you can then have a rethink and see if you need to engage the services of a 3rd party.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

amanda1980

Post by amanda1980 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:13 pm
Hi I don't know whether this would be any help to you but I have recently found this website that you are able to manage your own debt management plan from. It's free and helps you print letters and work out your expenses.

I'm not going to lie to you it took me a while to actually complete everthing properly but i feel some what rewarded that I am trying to rectify my situation on my own.

It's www.debthelpcharity.com
They also post on here and have their own forum which I have found helpful.

Good luck

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:38 pm
lendusaquid, I think in another post you mentioned Payplan?

They won't charge you for DMP.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

amanda1980

Post by amanda1980 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:06 pm
I hear where your coming from Kallis but I have heard from here that Payplan get paid by the creditors which actually made me think who are they really working for??

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:31 pm
That's right, but I have no complaints about them. They suggested the IVA when we'd been told we couldn't have one some time before. My stepson has a DMP with them and neither of us have had a problem with them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for august”