do reclaiming bank charges count as a windfall?

4 posts Page 1 of 1

welsh_bess

Post by welsh_bess » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:55 pm
we are in an IVA with approx 17 months left we pay £270 each month.
We would like to claim our bank charges back, but would this be classed as a windfall or would we be allowed to keep the money, or does it go into the IVA. In which case wouls it shorten the length of time we have the IVA for? PLEASE HELP[88][88]

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:38 pm
Really that would be up to your IP but it is likely that all or part of the money will have to go towards the IVA.

This is unlikely to cause your IVA to finish early (unless it is a very large sum of money) as the creditors are likely to expect that you continue to make your usual monthly IVA contributions.

Speak to your IP and discuss this matter with them.

You can access Video Clips giving additional information about IVAs at:
http://www.thomascharles.com/interview_ ... an_iva.asp

If you would like more information about IVAs, other debt solutions, or just want to arrange an informal chat, please visit us at www.thomascharles.com.

Best Regards
Oliver
www.thomascharles.com
Best Regards
Oliver

stephen1976

Post by stephen1976 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:34 pm
Also if you claim back the charges, via my site using the new contractual interest calculator, or claim any interest you are liable for tax,

My advice is get a copy of your statements going back as fare as six years, and see how much you can claim,

We have had people on my site wipeout all there debt by reclaiming there charges, so worth looking into,

Advice & opinions of stephen1976 are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.
Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts
Advice & opinions of stephen1976 are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.
Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

scooby

Post by scooby » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:46 pm
If you can afford not to claim them I would wait until its finished then claim them back and keep all the money for myself and not let your creditors get hold of them

Scooby
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “reclaiming bank charges while in an IVA”