do you find yourself looking at how people pay

22 posts Page 2 of 2

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:22 pm
The trouble is - with the London branch of Tesco that I normally use - they close the "normal" tills after about 11PM so if you are doing late night shopping you HAVE to use the Self-Service. To be fair - they always have plenty of staff around to help out if things go wrong (which they often do!!!!). And watch out if you are using Electron - you will have to wait to sign a sales voucher!!! I think Tescos are number one for vouchers and money off coupons though.
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

lily

Post by lily » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:26 pm
Hi Guys

Not been posting much, as poorly sick.

Anyway, I saw a woman with 4 young kids in asda, she tried shoes on all four of them and marched them out of the shop,still wearing them, no one said a word. How about that, no cash or plastic needed there then, eh???

I couldnt do it,not in anyway suggesting anyone here would either, the nerve, the cheek, and we are treated like criminals and hounded like dogs for trying to pay something back?????

I once took a sausage sandwitch back for my sister who didnt want to go for breakfast at Butlins, was red faced and scared stiff, (even though her breakfast was paid for).

I go to morrisons now, think you get more nosh for your dosh.

lily
lily

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:31 pm
Well - all I can say is that I hope she got caught and - at the very least -had to return the shoes. I wonder what she does with her child benefit money??? NO excuse EVER for stealing - absolutely none.

PS. Hope you are feeling better lily.
Last edited by OPTIMIST12 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:47 pm
I saw a man walking out of Asda's car park holding a small tree that he had obviously pulled up - there was still mud on the roots!

Hope you're soon on the mend Lily x

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

marsha1

Post by marsha1 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:56 pm
Blimey I have really enjoyed looking at these posts, some people have got a nervehaven't they. I draw cash out to buy food and petrol. I have a debit card but prefer not to use it, if I just take the right amount with me then I cannot overspend. I do a running total as I go around. I am a fan of Asda and Wednesday evenings they have some great woops bargains, I have not paid full price for bread in months. The Smartprice range is good too, well some of them.

JSmith9114

Post by JSmith9114 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:40 pm
Instead of using Debit Cards for my Shopping/Petrol, I have a Tesco "Clubcard Plus", Which is kinda like one of those Pre-Paid Credit cards, But can only be used in Tesco (oh and has no fees!). Find this a great way to budget as you can't go overdrawn with it...

Plus you get double clubcard points on everything!! [:D]

James
IVA DONE!

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:15 pm
Great... I'm glad other people look too... I thought it was just me being an obsessive!
its a marathon not a sprint!

I'm out of my mind but please leave a message!
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “IVA expenditure allowances”