Do you think this would be accepted??

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Yorkie74

Post by Yorkie74 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:32 pm
I have been in my IVA since June 2007 paying £213 a month. I had a 4 month payment break when my car died on me and I had to buy another one so I am about half way through.

I am on sick leave from work at the moment and in 3 weeks I am going to be on SSP as my sick pay timescale will have run out as although I have worked for my company for 10 years I only get 10 weeks full paid sick leave. Obviously if I am on SSP there is no way I can afford to pay my IVA and understand if I have no return to work date I may be forced to go bankrupt which after so long on an IVA I would really like to avoid if possible.

I have a family member offering me 4k for me to be free of the worry of the IVA forever if it would be accepted so I can concentrate on my health and not have to have additional money worries than I would already have being on SSP. They cannot afford any more than this but I am not sure if it would be accepted or not????

I could be back at work in a few weeks or I could be off for longer I really just dont know at the moment and have been playing a waiting game with the NHS for months now so dont know when I am likely to know. I was supposed to be having an operation but they have put this on hold for now and giving me medication to see if that works first.

Does anyone know if I have a chance of this being accepted so that my IVA can be done and dusted and I dont have to fail it??
24 months in 40 to go (had 4 month break added on to end)

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu May 13, 2010 2:38 pm
It is certainly worth a try particularly if you have no assets. While the return to creditors would be small it still should be better than bankruptcy so may stand a chance.

Given that your sick pay runs out in three weeks you should ask your IP to call an immediate variation for the full and final. There is no point in letting this go on if it is doomed to failure or could be closed down as settled to everyone's benefit.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri May 14, 2010 1:29 am
I definately think that an offer at that level has legs.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

MRBLUESKY

Post by MRBLUESKY » Sun May 16, 2010 5:15 pm
hello yorkie sorry to here about your health problems hope you get well soon.i think your offer is good,mention your health problems and financial problems due to reduced sick pay.good luck put the offer forward as soon as possible.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun May 16, 2010 5:21 pm
You have nothing to lose by proposing the offer, good luck xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 16, 2010 10:34 pm
Good luck from me as well.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon May 17, 2010 7:39 am
Good luck from myself too x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “full and final settlements”