Does anyone know the criteria PJG has used to select which IVAs are transferred to Creditfix ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
31 posts Page 1 of 3

DdD1

Post by DdD1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:10 am
Does anyone know the criteria pjg has used to select which iva's are transferred to creditfix. I am with pjg, can creditfix change the terms of an iva once approved. Do creditfix use ie guidelines detailed in stepchange

Cariadqueen

Post by Cariadqueen » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:36 am
Hi DdD1, I originally read that PJG were more likely to keep self employed cases, as im self employed i was hopeful i would get to stay with them but this wasn't the case.

I emailed Laura at PJG last night and she confirmed i have been transferred to Creditfix but i am yet to have any email/letter from them. My husband ( employed ) has also been transferred to creditfix and he has already had an email to inform him of this.

So no idea on what criteria is being used, maybe the more complex cases, as my self employment situation is pretty straight forward.

Im just hoping that the expenditure is going to remain the same as we were managing pretty well on PJG's but if they attempt to cut it then i fear the worst.
25 months down.....We will be debt free!

hubert

Post by hubert » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:28 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Cariadqueen

...Im just hoping that the expenditure is going to remain the same as we were managing pretty well on PJG's but if they attempt to cut it then i fear the worst.
Any changes will be at annual review I'm sure. Don't forget that they can only take 50% of any additional surplus they find above and beyond your original surplus calculation.

Also it's not in their interest to squeeze clients and potentially make an Iva fail. A failed iva is bad for them in both reputation and financial terms.
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

Cariadqueen

Post by Cariadqueen » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:33 am
Thanks Hubert

I will hold my hands up and say im abit of a worrier....where as my husband read the email shrugged his shoulders and has taken it all in his stride!

He can't forsee any issues, i should really take a leaf out of his books!

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:51 am
I think the reason that we are worried, Cariadqueen, is that we worked hard to find the best person to help and, having been treated pretty shoddily by the banks the relief was enormous
So we are all back to square one, knowing that we would not have chosen CF in the first place and this of course creates worry. I think that the fear of the unknown is actually worse than the fear when things have gone wrong! As Foggy said, we don't have to agree to any changes and, tbh, it is going to cost CF a LOT of work if they decide to change things and therefore it is in their own interests to leave our I&Es as they are. Cheaper to do and they still get paid. Big companies want max returns for min effort.

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:54 am
Just wondering; Cariadqueen mentioned being a bit of a worrier. I have mental health issues in that I suffer severe anxiety, depression and agoraphobia. This situation seems to have exacerbated things quite a bit and I am stressing out over it. Is anyone else in the same position as me? I am attributing many of my worries to my condition (together with having Asperger's which means I have to have EVERYTHING in order yesterday!). Hoping that it is my brain that is creating this mess, rather than reacting to something that is messy.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:16 pm
There should be no reason for CF to reduce allowances as all firms should operate within similar guidelines. It may be worrying at the moment but there should be little change other than perhaps the ability to speak directly to the IP. Perhaps CF can clarify this in time and provide reassurance.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Cariadqueen

Post by Cariadqueen » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:25 pm
Thanks Michael, its great to get a little reassurance.
Hopefully Creditfix will join the forum at some point and be as active as Mel was, she is going to be sorely missed.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:39 pm
She will certainly be missed but I am sure she would not have agreed to transfer her clients without getting some form of guarantee from the new IP that her clients will continue to be treated with the same professionalism. The decision was not taken lightly and I am confident CF will do their best for Melanie's clients.

In fairness to CF I have seen few complaints about them in the years I have posted on this site and Melanie will not have transferred her portfolio unless she had total confidence in the new set up.

There is a bit of uncertainty on the forum sometimes even bordering on panic but give CF a chance and trust Melanie's judgement. Only time will tell.
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MikeyM

Post by MikeyM » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:44 pm
Michael. Do you know if Melanie plans to return to the site once things have settled down? Irrespective of the consequences of the PJG business re-organisation her knowledge and experience is sorely missed

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:47 pm
I totally agree with Michael ..give CF an opportunity to demonstrate their customer service to you all .. I am sure things will be ok, but fully appreciate your concerns and anxiety over this transfer to CF.

We are here on the forum to support you all fully and fully understand the IVA fears you may be experiencing.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:53 pm
MikeyM. I hope Melanie does return to the site but I do not know if or when. I agree it does not matter whether or not she takes on new clients in the future because her insight and knowledge are second to none. I had the pleasure of working with Melanie for a couple of years and still count her as a very good friend. I hope she does come back.

ivamess

Post by ivamess » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:53 pm
I second that Michael. I think we all hope she will come back.

hubert

Post by hubert » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:52 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Cariadqueen

Thanks Hubert

I will hold my hands up and say im abit of a worrier....where as my husband read the email shrugged his shoulders and has taken it all in his stride!

He can't forsee any issues, i should really take a leaf out of his books!
Hehe, trust me I'm a BIG worrier too. I had many a sleepless night before my IVA and in the early days of it.

The IVA transfer felt like a debt that's been sold to a dodgy debt collector but it isn't like that at all.

Remember, the IVA is there to protect. It protects us from going under and being harassed. It protects the creditors from losing everything. It protects the IP's business model, reputation and income.

Nobody wants it to fail. Nobody.

So please try to stop worrying, have a nice cup of tea and get a good night's sleep [:D]
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

Rickne

Post by Rickne » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:07 pm
My only concern? Credifix being able to last the term of my iva and not being one of those company's that fold out of no where.
Completed via Early exit loan on year 4
31 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”