Does anyone know the criteria PJG has used to select which IVAs are transferred to Creditfix ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
31 posts Page 2 of 3

thisusernameistaken

Post by thisusernameistaken » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:51 am
Nail and head.

I'm one of the 900 and I'm concerned by what I've read about Credit Fix, especially the 'phoenixing'.

Also who is to say that in the event CF decide they don't want us that they would take anything like the measures PJG say they have as to whom they flog us onto? I'm just over halfway through mine and selected Melanie carefully and for good reason.

I'm worried by what CF may (or may not) do. I have no idea if who they are other than negative comments online and the aforementioned liquidating and creating of new companies. Would I have chosen them for my IVA? Highly unlikely.

Do we have any legal options to change our IP rather than be tossed about like leaves on the wind?
Last edited by thisusernameistaken on Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:10 am
It does not matter which IP handles your case as all funds are protected and insured. No one will lose money if CF disappear which realistically is unlikely to happen.

Hopefully someone from CF comes on here to reassure people in the very near future.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

thisusernameistaken

Post by thisusernameistaken » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:15 am
I would suggest that that would be an excellent move in their part. One wonders why they have not done so already, now that the news is 'official'.

flossom

Post by flossom » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:34 am
Morning,
Are all of Mels clients being transferred? I just read this post and am a little confused. My partner and I have heard nothing from either PJG or CF email or letter or call. I often delete my spam email without looking but have been through trash and nothing there.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:58 am
Some cases have been retained, but, as yet, no-one is sure which.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Cariadqueen

Post by Cariadqueen » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:34 am
Hi Flossom

Me and my husband were both with Mels team, My hubby had an email informing him of the switch but i did not, I emailed Laura at pjg and she confirmed that i am now also with creditfix. I emailed Creditfix to ask why i had no email/letter but my husband did and they told me they were still migrating files and this should be done by the end of next week, so us that have not heard anything should have information soon.
25 months down.....We will be debt free!

MikeyM

Post by MikeyM » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:42 am
The migration of the files is critical in this process. It appears that PJG/CF seem to be taking their time to do it correctly and accurately rather than rushing, getting it wrong and creating future problems.

flossom

Post by flossom » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:07 pm
Thanks , will wait and see. At the end of the day payments will still be made no matter who to.

sam9948

Post by sam9948 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:55 pm
I am only 5 months away from finishing (hopefully) and am a little concerned. I wish they would have just kept me until I'd done but I guess I have no choice. I feel a little miffed if I'm honest, I have been chasing a PPI claim and PJG held onto the authorisation letter for nearly 5 months. Apparently they were on a crucade with the banks but that didn't help me. I have now had to cancel a birthday party as the funds havent arrived in time, 50/50 split, having been so stuck for money I wanted to treat my friends and family for being so understanding but thats not going to happen now.

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:57 pm
I can see that all this is worrying for people.

However, as others have said, Mel would not have entered into this lightly. You have signed up to terms and conditions. Any changes to these terms would have to be agreed to by yourself.

Keep making the payments, notify CF of any changes and if you feel you need to make additional payments for any reason I would put these aside in case it takes a while for CF to get back to you. This way there will be no nasty payments to make further down the line.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

hubert

Post by hubert » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:08 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by kazzafunk

I can see that all this is worrying for people.

However, as others have said, Mel would not have entered into this lightly. You have signed up to terms and conditions. Any changes to these terms would have to be agreed to by yourself.

Keep making the payments, notify CF of any changes and if you feel you need to make additional payments for any reason I would put these aside in case it takes a while for CF to get back to you. This way there will be no nasty payments to make further down the line.
I heartily agree. I've read and read my T&Cs again and again. I can see nothing in there that scares me and nothing I didn't already know.

If anything it reassures me.

I'm going to continue as if nothing has happened. Emailing payslips, paying extra when I get overtime etc... Just using the new contact details.

I am early on in my IVA, only 14 months in. I'm damned if I'm going to spend the next 3 years and 10 months fretting and panicking. I'll cross each bridge as I come to it.
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:14 pm
That's the way Hubert :-) I made a point of creating new relationships with my new firm and kept lines well and truly open.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Almost_done

Post by Almost_done » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:23 pm
Is this something we can refuse? We are 3months away from completing 60 months and are looking to settle and be done by February. The potential delays in moving files, property charges could take longer than that.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:26 pm
I do not think that you can refuse. If PJG no longer wish to provide the service, that's that.

Almost_done

Post by Almost_done » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:00 pm
Hmmm I think a closer look at the contract between pjg and ourselves is warranted, there has to be some consensual agreement clause in this case. I can't say this is leaving me with a lot of confidence. The move also explains the lack of response we have had over the last few months.
31 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”