don't know where to start?!?!

3 posts Page 1 of 1

lou

Post by lou » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:50 am
Hi have finally sat down and worked out total debt of £37k paying back around £900 a month.
I don't own my own house and have no savings. Am looking for a new bank asap to open with no debt.
Just doing temporary work at the moment working out to around £900 a month pick up, will I be able to get an IVA working like this or does i need to find a perm job quickly?
Another quick question my computer and car are on HP will I be able to keep either of them? Or does it depend on my expenses?

Also any help as to where to start will be most appreciated!!!

Thanks

aguise

Post by aguise » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:10 am
Hi there lou and welcome.
I think the best thing for you to do would be to talk to an actual Ip and see what they think your best way forward is. With no assets and an unsteady income bankrupcy may be the more suitable option for you and your circumstances. But get good advice. I would contact Melanie or Ian's office they are on the experts page, initial advice costs nothing and they are so well recommended.
Main thing is to get advice which you are already seeking, well done. A good bank account that everyone likes is the coop cashminder they have no problems and the account sounds great. Maybe be worth a try.
Ask all the questions you want. I am not a technical expert so these are only my opinions so wait for other answers.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:40 am
If it is your intention to get a permanent job as soon as possible, and you want to pay your creditors rather than leaving them behind under bankruptcy proceedings, then an IVA is not out of the question at this stage.

Your computer and your car will probably be safe, so long as they are not of excessive value.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for march”