dots still hanging in here

16 posts Page 1 of 2

dots

Post by dots » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:27 pm
Hello to all that remember me, and to those that can't or new since, I hope you are all managing ok too ...

It has been a long time since I posted on here and just basically trying to get on with things and there have been many rocks in the road over the last few months ... BUT ... I am nearly there ... last monthly payment of 6 years goes out at the beginning of January this coming year and I am already feeling the party arrangements in my head ... I have still been getting the usual communication errors (or shall I say non-communication / not reading or bothering to understand my updates for supervisor), but the end is actually in sight and has been tougher each year, but it has actually worked so far and just hope the closing will be as fruitious as anticipated.

There is so much to write, and as Andy has mentioned in the past, I plan to begin writing my story as a complete item and for view oon here once I have fully closed the book on the arrangements.

Very busy at the moment as work pressure is high and demanding ... my outreach is still going strong and my health is just about breaking even, but only on odd days where there is a "z" in the day!!!

Will write again soon ...

Gordon.
Last edited by dots on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:43 am
Nice to hear from you Gordon [:)]The end really is in sight for you now...good luck to you and I look forward to reading your story. xx

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:20 pm
It sounds like quite a journey and to put it al down will be helpful for yourself and others to read.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

dots

Post by dots » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:44 pm
Thanks Julie / Lesley ... It will take some writing and maybe should have written as I have been going along... a lot of it is already on here fragmented in posts, but I will look to write why it all happened, how I put myself straight and the process to fruition for the cerificate of compliance when it eventually arrives... Maybe I will even get to a Frugal meeting in the end, who knows???

Best to you all and will try and log on as often as can, but currently working through continuous 22 night shifts, so may be a while!

Gordon... :-)
68 payments done ... 4 to go ... YIPEE!!
Last edited by dots on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dots

Post by dots » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:46 pm
... ps ... Supervisor wringing their hands with all this overtime bonus they will get ... still, I get to keep half :-$
Last edited by dots on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:34 pm
It's good to hear from you again Gordon[:)]..You've done really well to have got this far and I wish you lots of luck with the last few months you have left, hope all goes smoothly for you....I will look forward to reading your story too...Take Care..xx
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

dots

Post by dots » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:12 am
Thanks DM,

I am looking to try and accomplish something extra from my experience on here, but it would be nothing without sharing the reason of cause...

It is not a big negative thing, but I believe all will be surprised when learn why I found myself compromised so... There is so much more to me than most of you are aware and I trust that once I have compiled my events, it will be worth reading...

Gordon. x

Never count your payments by months... my tip is by counting number of payments for example ... 72 payments seems shorter than 72 months or 6 years ... my opinion, anyway!!!??? ... Psycology !!!!! !!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:00 am
Why don't you start a blog Gordon? You can break your story down into 'chapters' and hopefully more people will see it.

dots

Post by dots » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:41 pm
Hi Skips''... It will still take time and concentaration and the right mood for the words to flow and get it all in correct order, without having to step back as forgot to add something in, so will have to just remain in suspenders for now and see what I do when I actually get started... I am sure it will be ok...

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:53 pm
If you write it and save it in Word, or whatever office programme you use, you can then copy and paste it in whatever size chunks you choose.

To be honest, a very long post is not a good idea as people do tend to glaze over before they reach the end - a blog is a fantastic way of doing things.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

dots

Post by dots » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:10 pm
Thanks, but my story is quite long and I have been urged by many people to write about all my recollections like a biography as I have been through so many things in my life... This relates of some:

* Loss of childhood memory due to accident
* Hospital Neglegence
* Disabilities
* Career Changes
* Relationships
* Marriage
* Divorce
* Loss of Son into adoption
* African Aid projects
* World Aid
* Financial breaking down
* Financial arrangements
* Redundancy
* Dealing with octogenarian parents' illnesses
* Aspirations
* Future plans

... and many more in between... so am thinking of actually authoring a book... maybe an eBook?

G.
Last edited by dots on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:13 pm
I think you should write it all down Gordon - you certainly are a survivor. xx
Last edited by Julie on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:17 pm
I say go for it too Gordon x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

dots

Post by dots » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:19 pm
will keep you updated on progress... just need to let it all begin...

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:03 pm
You'll know when the time is right and I would suggest doing it in word too and then you can add or take away as necessary to make the story complete. All the best x
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “keeping in touch”