Duchess of York in Hull

31 posts Page 2 of 3

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:12 am
Too right. I think a lot of those on benefits think that they have the right to stay at home - why should they go out to work when the rest of us slave away and effectively pay their 'wages' for them? Again, I have no problem with those who genuinely need them. My father was unemployed for years, and it wasn't for the want of trying for a job, he and my mother just about managed to scrape by.

Have you noticed as well, that it is usually the benefit scroungers who drive the big, old gas guzzling cars as well? It's Jags and Range Rovers by me. I couldn't afford to run one of those - how do they manage it?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:18 am
I could write/moan for ages about this subject lol. The problem is there is no incentive for people to want to move from benefits to work.

Sad but true. I like the idea of taking peoplls jobseekers allowance away/reduced after say 6 -12 months if they are proved not to have bothered etc.

Harsh but... This country is a soft touch. Finger's x'd i won't be in "Rip Off Britain plc" for much longer

debtfreesusie67

Post by debtfreesusie67 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:31 am
I watched it because of Fergie. Her and Princess Anne are the only Royals I like. Fergie if you remember did go through a really bad time as well which is why she left the UK and moved to the States to start over.
The thing that annoyed me most about the program was that they were screaming poverty but mum, dad and the 3 boys all smoked. The youngest smoker was only 13/14.
I've worked all my life which means 25 years working but I'm now living on benefits. I now get income support with carers allowance because I have to look after my dad and I have decided that it will stay that way until something happens to dad. Is that wrong? I don't think so but then I have tried working full time and looking after dad and I cracked. I suppose there will always be people that take advantage.
Sorry for rambling on
Hugs
Sue
The only way is up

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:50 am
Hi Susie,

There are people, like yourself, who genuinely cannot seek work for one reason or another. It is the scrounging so and so's who think the world owes them a living who annoy me! I have worked all my life (well, since I was 17 anyway!) which is 30+ years and I object to having to fund the lifestyle of those who refuse to work.

It's all very well saying that you are going to stop certain benefits if people don't get a job, or at least look for work, but it is about time the Government took positive measures and actually took the money away from them.

Lets face it, if you have lots of kids, both on benefits - what incentive is there to work? You are coining it in.

I agree as well, that Fergie and Anne are the most hard working memebers of the Royal Family.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

debtfreesusie67

Post by debtfreesusie67 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:55 am
I think my main problem is that I actually feel bad for so many things. Going BR, claiming benefits and not working. I've still got this whole guilt thing going on.
Hugs
Sue
The only way is up

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:01 pm
Aw Susie,

you SOOO shouldn't feel like that. Easy for me to say I know.

You've made a few mistakes, haven't we all, you're trying to deal with them. At least you are trying to sort stuff out. You'llget there eventually

Big hugs for you from me

xx

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu May 29, 2008 12:11 pm
Susie, please don't feel bad. Being a carer is one of the most difficult but important jobs that there is, and as far as I'm concerned anyone caring for a sick or elderly relative deserves a lot more than they get.

debtfreesusie67

Post by debtfreesusie67 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:18 pm
I'm just not feeling the best today that's why things seem a bit gloomy. Sorry
Hugs
Sue
The only way is up

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:18 pm
Susie, please don't feel guilty. You are trying your best, and you have addressed your problems. It must be difficult looking after a relative and I admire you for it.

It's the scroungers I have issues with.
Bob Marley.

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:20 pm
Further "cheer up susie" hugs forwarded ;o)

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:22 pm
I do indeed. That's really out of order. Not something you need right now either hey :o(

debtfreesusie67

Post by debtfreesusie67 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:24 pm
Thanks everyone.
Hugs
Sue
The only way is up

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:26 pm
Spooky as well that we are/were on the same number of posts too ;o)

debtfreesusie67

Post by debtfreesusie67 » Thu May 29, 2008 12:41 pm
Then you jump ahead by posting again. Hee hee
Hugs
Sue
The only way is up

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu May 29, 2008 1:14 pm
Hey Sue, big hug from me too. You have been through so much these last weeks I think you just need to get back to some sort of normality.(!) That's probably why you feel a little low. I admire you for what you have done and what you are doing now. Hold your head up hun. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp
31 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “postings for may”