Due to rent next month really worried

6 posts Page 1 of 1

crazychic81

Post by crazychic81 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi all,

Me and my patrner have a joint IVA which we started paying from 1st jan this year. our current tennancy ends on 31st may, and we want to move as the place we are in now is very small and has no garden. And we plan to start a family later on in the year.
Im just so scared we wont find somewhere else due to the credit checking.
We have a good relationship with current letting agent, if we stayed renting through them would we have a chance? we have never missed rent payment in the 2 years we have rented through them.

I just dont know what to do, we have been looking at other properties through different agents but now after reading posts on here i dont think we will be able to?

any advice welcome

thank you

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:35 pm
Hi, and welcome.

There is no reason why you can't rent with anyone else, there are some posters on here who have moved whilst in an IVA.

Try your own agent first - the fact that you have not missed a payment goes in your favour and I doubt they would credit check you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:36 pm
Difficult - but you should ask any new letting agent what is their landlords attitude - explain that you have never missed any rent payments (get a letter from your existing landlord/agent confirming same), otherwise see what your existing agent can do for you. Good luck.
Last edited by David Mond on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:15 pm
Honesty from the outset is the best policy we found......some agents requested a guarantor, others asked for 6mths rent up front....we still pay ours every six months in cash for the next six months.....it is a pain...but it does help to prove to yourselves that you can save the rent that you need and not spend it !

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:21 pm
I hope you manage to get a new place sorted out crazychic.

Let us know how you get on - it will be useful for other posters who may find themselves in the same position.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:37 pm
Your existing letting agent has to be the best bet, but others will accept you if you are honest and upfront about your circumstances. You could even ask your IP to write a reference for you, to demonstrate that you can stick to financial commitments.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “renting”