early discharge question

9 posts Page 1 of 1

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:08 pm
A few questions....under what circumstances do you get an early discharge from br? Do you get notified or do you just get a letter to say you're discharged. If there are still assets to be sold, ie. the house, would an early discharge be possible?
It's nice to be back......

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:45 pm
You may be entitled to an early discharge if there are no assets of material value to be realised and the OR is satisfied that he has concluded his investigations into your affairs.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:16 pm
Thanks Melanie, that's basically what I thought. The rtlu are now dealing with mine and hubby's br. Will I be right in assuming that's because the house has not been sold yet? Just out of curiousity, what will happen if the house is not sold by the time we are due to be discharged? Could the OR contact us after br regarding the house?
Last edited by chris.g on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:22 pm
The OR has up to three years to deal with his interest in your property. This timescale has no bearing on the timing of your discharge.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:34 pm
Hubby and me both got ED and our house was not repossessed until very late on in the bankruptcy and is still up for sale.

yes, we got a letter, but in hubby's case, I had already checked the Insolvency Register and seen he was discharged early before the letter arived!
Last edited by jane.l on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:55 pm
Oh right. Did the OR give you any indication that you would be discharged early Jane? The OR dealing with our br hasn't been in touch for ages and I only know that we have been transferred because I had to email her about something and she referred me to the rtlu....
How long were you actually br for then Jane, it wasn't that long was it?

zoe

Post by zoe » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:58 pm
Hi Chris
I was sent a letter to state they they would be contacting my creditors to see if they had any objections - obviously one of mine did as i didn't receive any further info. You are also supposed to fill in another inc/exp form at that point apparently.

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:59 pm
I was bankrupt for 6 and half months, hubby was 7 and half months. We got a I&E questionnaire just before so we had an inkling we might be put forward for ED if no creditor objected and they must not have done, strange, I thought Picture Loans might have objected after all the trouble we had with them![:D]

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:07 pm
I'll look out for the I&E form dropping through the door then....
Jane, I remember the hassle you had with Picture, glad everything worked out for you
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”