earning more than when started iva

12 posts Page 1 of 1

whitey98

Post by whitey98 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:14 pm
i started an IVA in last nov then got laid off work for 2weeks then started work again but on more money also had over 3weeks off over xmas due to bad weather. also other car stuff went wrong but at the same time i borrowed money off family as if i would of told iva about increase in wages i wouldnt of been able to repay family and get by. i havnt told them this through fear and intend to repay family before i start paying the extra from extra wages are the IVA company going to slap my hands? tell me to go bankrupt for not telling them or say i have to pay x amount to the creditors? i can understand in a way but at the same time ive just tried to get on with it and pay others before any extra money goes to the creditors. can anyone help or know a possible outcome once i pay familt etc off and tell them? thankyou

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:27 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum. My best suggestion to you is to keep your IP informed all along the way, it may have been possible to retain some of the pay increase to fund the car repairs etc., Other IP's deal with payrises only at review time so it could also be that they wouldn't look at your payrise until review time. It's worth dropping them an email or giving them a call to discuss.

Which company are you with?
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

whitey98

Post by whitey98 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:49 pm
Why do you ask what company I'm with? Just wondered if I'm dropping myself init?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:53 pm
We're always interested in which company people are with - no ulterior motive. Nobody knows who you are.

I agree with Lesley that you should be upfront with your IP.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

whitey98

Post by whitey98 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:59 pm
Im 100% with a
Company otherwise I wouldn't be worrying surely you know possible outcomes? Thanks for your help

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
I'm sorry whitey but we have no idea what the company will do. If you submit payslips then are bound to find out and probably won't be pleased which is why you should tell them as soon as possible and work things out.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

whitey98

Post by whitey98 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:05 pm
Ok and thankyou very much for the info.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:12 pm
Whitey I was only asking as most of us are in an IVA or have been or some kind of debt management and there may have been someone with the same company as yourself and be able to give a clearer answer to how the company you are with would deal with a pay rise that was the only reason.

As I stated previous a lot of companies differ in their approach to dealing with pay increases and I just thought it might help give a more specific answer but I understand if you don't want to give that information.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

baldy

Post by baldy » Tue May 03, 2011 11:43 pm
I hope this does not come across the wrong way! but in general how do we know if people posting on here are Individuals or actually might work for a company?

Im not implying at all that Whitey is but im sure we must get some companys/creditor scanning the forums.
Just a thought
Baldy

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:25 am
We do have companies who look at the forum and some who post on here to try and trip us up as they are jealous of the popularity of the forum and the good work that we do on here.

We can usually spot them!
Bob Marley.

baldy

Post by baldy » Wed May 04, 2011 11:57 pm
Yeah i have to agree jan, its a great site for all of us who are in financial trouble, or in an IVA.
Its quite rare i think to find somewhere people can go and get genuine help and advice without being charged shed loads of money.

And i guess there will always be somebody/company who thinks they will try and get in on the act.

Keep up the good work because it is appreicated.

Baldy[:)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:46 am
We aim to please baldy!
Bob Marley.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”