Editing Posts / Forum Etiquette

40 posts Page 2 of 3

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:50 pm
Share the 'morrisons' or the 'binary' or both??
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.
Wait over....certificate recieved 3rd May 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:55 pm
Both.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Ok here goes, the subject matter is about postings which cause annoyance and/or confusion in one way or another, so by throwing a 'curved ball' totally irrelevant post (comic genius in my opinion) marky b has done just that.

As for the binary, I'll keep you in suspenders over that.
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:06 pm
You'll forgive me for not finding that funny. And yes, I do have a sense of humour.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:11 pm
Thank you Markyb and Andy1964 for completely ruining a post which was made for the benefit of old and new posters.

The original post wasn't about things that 'cause annoyance and/or confusion', it was about things that ruin posts for other people, and make posts impossible to read.

I also have a sense of humour, but this isn't comic genius, this is being childish.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:28 pm
Hear, hear Skippy.

We have a problem with editing and deleting, and this thread was meant to point it out to other posters.
Bob Marley.

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:37 pm
Hi Markyb and Andy 1964.
We appreciate and enjoy humour and chat, which is why we have made a special section for it.. [:)]
http://iva.co.uk/forum/default.asp?CAT_ID=10

This section on forum etiquette is of vital importance to the smooth running of this forum and we would appreciate it if it is kept clear of irrelevant postings. Those that cause confusion will regretfully be deleted.

May we suggest that this section is therefore reserved for comments by moderators and experts ?
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:25 pm
I cannot speak for marky b but I feel I must let you know that I meant no offence or flippancy toward the forum and its members, a sense of humour is a good thing these days and not everybody's is the same, a point which has been proved.
If you would still like the answer to the binary thing then I would gladly oblige,if not then I will draw a line under the subject.
Hope you take this in the humble manner it is meant.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:37 pm
A sense of humour is fine, but used appropriately. This was a serious post designed to put off those posters who do edit or delete when not appropriate.

We all have a laugh on here, but in the correct section, as admin has mentioned.
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:39 am
Would it possible to remove the editing option? Posters would then have to add a new post, could eliminate confusion caused by editing.

Just a thought.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:52 am
That's a good idea Julie.

Andy - no one took offence at what you said, it was just the wrong place.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:08 am
No offence taken Andy.

That's a good idea Julie, providing the edit option is still there for the moderators.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:23 am
Yes Skip, I thought about that after I posted. The moderators do need that function.
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:37 pm
Sorry I don't agree with removing the editing function. I very often edit a post where I note that I have made a spelling mistake and that function should be available to all.

We need to be very careful that this forum does not fall into a "two tier" system - it must be a forum for all, and the occasionsal upset is actually very rare compared to all of the good posting that goes on.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:53 pm
Why not just allow editing of posts for say 5 minutes after posting,that way Mel and I can sort out our spooling mistucks?

Pretty sure it can be done,another forum I use works that way and it would be better than the 2 tier system Mel mentions and would save starting unnecessary threads(the other forum is a football one!!)

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
40 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “for moderators”