Editing Posts / Forum Etiquette

40 posts Page 3 of 3

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:56 pm
What I would say to Mel's post is that you do have the option to preview what you have posted so can make any changes you need to before posting.

Paul - why does the football forum bit not surprise me?:[:D][:D]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:02 pm
In a perfect world Jan!!! I do try and do that, and often suprise myself when I still spot them later on. My problem is that I am giving real technical advice, so if I have made an error then I have to be able to correct that either now or later. If the editing function is removed, then the only way I will be able to do this is to make another post.

Do the forum moderators actually feel that editing posts is a real problem on this forum?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:09 pm
It does seem extreme to change the way the editing works given the rare occasions that it causes an issue.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:10 pm
Certain posters have caused problems by editing posts, often after they have been told something they don't like!

It does cause problems when posts are deleted, added to or edited after they have been replied to as it makes the later posts look stupid.

The only reason I think the moderators need to keep the editing function is to allow us to delete spam or remove contact details.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:15 pm
Quite agree Skip.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

marky b

Post by marky b » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:22 pm
and this is the most topical thread this weekend ?
must be a sign that we are coming out of reccession and everthings fine.
sorry for the deep offence caused to some members i will refrain from any inclusion of humour from here on.
i shall in future stick to reading the topics and refrain from any sort of reply.
apologies to andy for not causing him the same distress i have caused others.
for the record if you read a thread and it seems confusing it may say "edited by " this is always a clue that the post has indeed been edited.
keep up the good work on the forum guys i am off to remove the enter button from my keyboard.

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:33 pm
No apology needed to me mate, I still say comic genius, but fair play to the forum for such an enlightening debate.
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.
Wait over....certificate recieved 3rd May 2014

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:34 pm
Have you read the Forum Etiquette thread Markby? If not, I suggest that you do so:

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19592

It states that the ethos of the forum is respect for all, and clearly states that posts must not be altered after they have been replied to.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:53 pm
I'm sorry Marky, but this was not a flippant thread - it was intended for those people who do edit or delete posts which means that either no one understands what was said before, or it makes subsequent posts look stupid.

There is a place for humour on here, but this thread was not it.
Bob Marley.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:21 pm
Hi
I think we all understand the need to not edit key parts of posts and that the Andy and Mark binary input has not caused any offence.
Good to have some humour on the forum........for those who have posted for a few yaers who can forget Olympic Torch's joke about playing snooker with a piece of string !!
Time to move on now
Regards
Andam Davies
40 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “for moderators”