eeek hassled

9 posts Page 1 of 1

JoanneLee

Post by JoanneLee » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:44 pm
Ok have started IVA ball rolling - hassled by AM EX and sent a letter telling them we are in IVA ! Next letter is threatening us with solicitor and payment of £7000 within a week!![:(!] I tried to do the right thing by communicating and here we are with legal threats - what do we do? I have sent docs to IVA firm and am awaiting allocation of an IP - how do you deal with this process and what do you say??[V]

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:56 pm
hi joanna welcome to the forum, you will find you will get lots of mail and calls to this affect until your iva is agreed, once you know for certain one is being proposed and in the meantime just refer all your creditors to your ip, until an iva is in place these threats will contine, keep your ip firm updated all the time of what you are receiving best of luck with your iva proposal
kerri

Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/
Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Maz

Post by Maz » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:54 pm
Hi Joanna

I've got IVA going since end of August and I'm still getting letters demanding payments from Blackhorse - they dont give up. they used to text me but now it's letters and keep putting the final demands date back all the time before it was by middle September now it's by middle of October. I even spoke with them on the phone and they accepted that OK IVA accepted no more correspondence! It must be their computer system automated until someone updates it maybe?
Best of luck with your IVA proposal and beware you may still get some letters after but just forward them on to your IVA company.

Maz

Storm

Post by Storm » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:30 pm
This creditor is particularly agressive .....

Are you a homeowner ?

JoanneLee

Post by JoanneLee » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:33 pm
yes, why?

catullus

Post by catullus » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:07 pm
Because there is a good chance that they will get judgement against you and seek to place a charge on your home, which could restrict the options that you may currently have.

You should advise the IP firm of these developments quickly.

JoanneLee

Post by JoanneLee » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:13 pm
Oh just great[V][V][V][V][V]

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:48 pm
Hi

Is it Amex or a collection agency threatening action. I was contacted by AIC in Glasgow. Very aggressive. Everybody seemed to be Mr Brown, Mr White etc. I think they thought they were the Reservoir Dogs. Lol. They told me on Fri 23rd Dec that they could get a charging order on my property by the end of the day!! Fortunately I was able to check that they couldn't do this through my contact at Thomas Charles. If I hadn't had that option I would have worried all over Xmas. They even suggested I borrow the money from a friend to pay off the balance, something apparently against the rules as they shouldn't encourage you to borrow more to clear a debt.

Strangely once I told them in Feb I was going for an IVA I heard nothing from them again right up to the creditors meeting. However they were the only main creditor to vote no.

Regards

Dave
Regards

Dave

View my blog at www.thebear29uk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

JoanneLee

Post by JoanneLee » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:54 pm
Ohh right that makes me feel better - we are with Thomas Charles[:D]
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “communicating with creditors prior to IVA”