Egg have called me 5 times in 90 minutes...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
49 posts Page 3 of 4

Post by 31101932 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:23 pm
My understanding is that more than one call per day is legally classed as harrassment and should be reported to the the authorities as such.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:28 pm
I doubt you would get very far. I think they are allowed to make more than one call a day.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:42 pm
If you made a token payment, would that not be seen to be favouring one creditor over another?[:)]
Trying to be thrifty!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:00 pm
As long as you do the same for all of the creditors then there is no problem.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:29 pm
Once I had made my decision to go for an IVA I made no payments (token payments are pointless) and I switched the ringer off on the phone.

If I answered a call and the blurb was 'Can I speak to X' they got who are you and got back can you answer the stupid security questions I just put the phone down there and then. That is your trigger TO PUT IT DOWN, I know that is hard but just do it.

My advice is just do that, talking to these morons is pointless.

Get your number changed or pay for 'choose to refuse' and 'call barring' as a method of stopping them.

Once your IVA is appoved they will drop off and then total silence.... oh the joy of that
Last Payment - November 2011 - Completion Certificate received 2 weeks after last payment, Removed from Insolvency Register within 4 weeks after last payment.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Just tell them that you arent allowed to favour one creditor over another and cannot afford to make a token payment to them all so unfortunately they cant have a bean!!!

As for them phoinh your parents do they know about the debts?? If they do get Dad to politely ask them to amend their records as you no longer live there,and if they continue to call he will report them for harassment.

If they dont know about whats going on it may all be a little awkward.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:38 pm
I haven't made any payments either herbekj, have to say that Halifax and Capitol One have been very understanding (for now!) Halifax in particular listened and said they would take our name out of collections so we didn't get anmore calls?!?!?...too good to be true?!?!....maybe they can hear my kids in the background and are too scared to ever call back!
Waiting for my bad 'one' like you Missy80, must be so annoying if you have explained whats going on.[:)]
Trying to be thrifty!

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:47 pm
To be fair to my 10ish creditors once they were informed via the letter that I sent to each one I would say I never heard a thing from say 8 of them again.

Some even responded with a thankyou letter and were looking forward to receiving the proposal.

The others of course rang all the time.

It is very hard for a decent person to ignore a call and not try to talk/reason with these people when they are trying to resolve a very serious problem.

You just need the bottle to say, I am sorting this out, I am not talking to you. That is so hard, from personal experience.
Last edited by herbekj on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Payment - November 2011 - Completion Certificate received 2 weeks after last payment, Removed from Insolvency Register within 4 weeks after last payment.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:50 pm
I made no token payments at all and ignored all of the calls.

When signing up to anything these days, I never enter my correct number. 01000000000 usually works.
Bob Marley.

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:51 pm
a.b@c.com

works well.....

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:55 pm
Nothing coming up with that one when I try to click on it.
Bob Marley.

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:58 pm
You use it when some stupid website demands an e-mail address to see the next page when you know they are going to spam you if you put a real addres in.

Works every time

ThriftyWitch

Post by ThriftyWitch » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:59 pm
Its a fake email addy, like your fake number[:)]
Trying to be thrifty!

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:02 pm
Use it all the time for insurance quotes and stuff like that, you get to see the quote for example but don't get all the crappy e-mails after enquiring about the quote you made.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:08 pm
I do use my own email address, but then unsubscribe if I'm not interested. Don't have a problem with that as I can hit the delete button.
Bob Marley.
49 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”