Egg have sent out their monthly quota of letters

14 posts Page 1 of 1

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:41 pm
Thought that I would share this with you, in the two weeks up or so leading up to my creditors meeting I received very little in the way of letters demanding money etc, maybe the odd phone call which is fair enough as I did owe them alot of money.

Since my IVA was approved on the 9th, I have received absolutely nothing from any of my creditors (apart from one of my creditors offering me a loan[:o)]) till today....

I received a letter from Egg which says that they have been informed of the IVA decision and that they will now work with my IP etc etc.
Ok, thats fine I thought...they are just letting me know that they know that I am now in an IVA
But at the bottom of the letter, it said that they reserve the right to carry on contacting me concerning this subject and there was enclosed a notice saying that from the 29/08/2007 they will be taking legal action to reclaim the full amount owed PLUS charges and I may want to apply to court for further time if required.
Whats all this about[?][?][?]

I know that it may take a couple of wks for the info concerning myself/IVA to filter thru the creditors system (hence the offer of a loan/different dept/different creditors) but what I can't understand is the fact that EGG are acknowledging the IVA outcome but then they carry on threatening me with court action and reserve the right to carry on contacting me.
Obviously I've been in touch with my IP and they are going to deal with it but what I can't understand is that they are clearly breaking the IVA contract and if I did that, I run the risk of my IVA failing so why can/do creditors continue like this?
I would love to turn to them and say 'well because you've broken the terms of the IVA, you now will not receive anything at all and the monies will be redistributed amongst my remaining creditors'

Don't get me wrong, I know that I have messed up and made a lot of big mistakes but I am now trying to sort it all out fairly with the IVA and over the past few wks I've felt so worried/concerned guilty and every other emotion I can think , I've had to be nice to my creditors and rightly so as it is my foolish past that got me into this mess, but there is only so much humble pie that I can eat.

I was just starting to feel better for the 1st time in months and now this, ok I know that it is EGG going thru the motions but why , its as almost they get some pleasure trying to add insult to injury and at the end of the day, all its achieved is to wind me up [:(!][:(]

sonyse2t5

Post by sonyse2t5 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:02 pm
First of all, did EGG vote 'YES' for the IVA? I probably think not.
I had a similar thing but less on your face with MBNA(did not vote)simply state they have transfer the account to Max recovery administered by Eversheds solicitors and they will make contact with the supervisor and that they will not contact me again.No court stuff.

How much did you own them?
Last edited by sonyse2t5 on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:08 pm
Hi
You have nothing to worry about and Egg can only take further action if your IVA fails.They are bound by the IVA and I would guess that the letter is a standard one used for DMP or arrangements and that it has been used as a template,in error
Please post with detail when your IP responds.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:40 pm
Hi,
Well this gets even more funny as I owed them £16,500 and they voted YES to the IVA proposals with no mods.
My IP said that EGG were represented by Grant Thornton so they will get in touch with them and don't worry about it, in fact they seemed quite amused by the letter but surprised that I haven't received any other correspondence from my other creditors after all its been 8 days since my IVA result.
To be honest, I don't expect to hear from my IP on this matter again and as Andy suggests, its probably a standard letter thats been sent out by mistake or accidentally on purpose, but again, they wouldn't do that sort of tactics would they[;)]
I just found it funny that they voted yes to the proposals, have acknowledged the results yet continue with these sort of threats knowing that they shouldn't...legally
Last edited by Endsmeet on Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hr1350

Post by hr1350 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:51 pm
I had a simliar letter today it read:

"We have been notified that your IVA has been approved.

Please do not use your Egg Card (as if, i added that bit).

Under the teams of your credit agreement we now require payment from you of the full amount you owe us. The balance on your account currently stands at £4419.11. We will be liasing with the appointed Insolvency Practitioner for payment of this sum. However we reserve the right to contact you regarding this matter should we require further information. "

Well as the agreed is 55p in the pound they are not going to get the full amount are they? I am not liking the bit about owing them the full amount might contact clear start on monday to ask what to do.

Oh and a week before payday and still have money in the account not had that for a while!

In over my head looking for somewhere to turn
In and IVA and looking forward to the future

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:36 pm
Hi
This has got to be a standard letter that is sent out for both bankruptcy and IVAs[many banks class them the same]
Nothing to worry about
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

e.h

Post by e.h » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:54 pm
Hi there,

Please don't worry yourself over this. Two months after our IVA was approved by our creditors, I received a letter from a company called RMAI (You may have had dealings with them yourself - nasty, aggressive, threatening people!!!!) to say that I was going to get a visit from one of their representatives on the following Monday morning at 8.00am if I didn't pay all that I owed on my Littlewoods Visa Card before then. Of course, I naturally went into panic mode and phoned my IP who said that for a start they could not just turn up on my doorstep demanding money and secondly they had already been informed by Littlewoods (from whom they bought the debt)that Littlewoods had agreed to our IVA and all its terms and conditions. It was very nice phoning RMAI back and basically telling them to put it in their pipe and smoke it!!!!

Good luck, Liz
[;)]

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:52 pm
What silly letters! Now perhaps the forum posters can see why IP's fees are at the level they are. We have to spend time dealing with ridiculous correspondence like this post-IVA - and things seems to be getting worse rather than better.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:21 pm
Well it certainly seems that Egg have sent out their monthly quota of letters yesterday doesn't it?
The letter that hr1350 received is virtually word for word the same as mine apart from the fact that mine was regarding a personal loan not an Egg card.
I just can't understand that in this world we live in of rising costs,computers and I.T. etc that creditors still can't firstly communicate internally at the touch of a button and secondly sell debts on,send out letters and everything else that they do knowing that legally they shouldn't and all they are basically doing is adding costs to themselves, if I had a business that ran like that I would be asking questions why are we spending £££s on fruitless tasks?
Fortunately I haven't had any dealings with any DCAs yet but I can't believe that e.h still received a letter after 2 months, don't these people know the conditions of an IVA?
I have felt so guilty recently about the mess that I got myself into and couldn't apologise enough to all my creditors but to be honest, after hearing about the goings on I am starting to think the creditors themselves run their businesses almost exactly the same way I got myself into debt in the first place and am starting to feel unsympathetic towards them not guilty.

pippa

Post by pippa » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:59 am
If its any consolation, I too had a letter from Egg this week confirming my IVA was accepted and that i must no longer use my card etc etc etc.............. only thing is my IVA was rejected by my main creditor....!!!!! Thought they knew something I didnt, I called them and they were very confused, they asked if I was sure it had been rejected, and i told them as I was holding my Bankruptcy Order in my hand, yes I was pretty sure.......doh

Pippa

Endsmeet

Post by Endsmeet » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:56 pm
Sorry for not replying more prompt but I've had other problems which I've posted elsewhere.
It does seem that Egg internal communications are something to be desired doesn't it?
When I was in the process of my IVA, I had numerous secure messages from them via website all saying the same thing but from different people.
One of them even said thank you for informing them about my situation and they will be in touch soon.....that was 4 wks after I had sent 3 letters with token payments and 4 replies to 4 different people via secure message/website.
It really does seem that they have 20 different debt departments and you get passed around from each one and each dept starts their process again.
Crazy in my opinion

Adrian Ratcliffe

Post by Adrian Ratcliffe » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:06 pm
Hi,
I still get my egg card balance every month online and also offers of loans from egg.
I had that letter is'a a standard letter.
Nice that egg are still thinking about me.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:13 pm
Egg still send me emails about my savings account and tell me that my statement is available online and I went BR in March!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

JoanneLee

Post by JoanneLee » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:18 pm
Got one saying sorry we are having financial difficutiies and asking for IP details and case no - , though they will continue to contact till we have provided these details - I have to expect an escalation then from Egg of letters?[?]
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “communicating with creditors prior to IVA”