Equifax Credit Report shows defaults

6 posts Page 1 of 1

robandyuk

Post by robandyuk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:36 am
Hi all
Sorry if I sound a bit dumb but can someone tell me if I can do anything about my credit report.
I entered in to an IVA in Nov 2006 and made a full and final settlement in DEC 2010.
I have just checked my credit report for the first time since (been putting it off knowing it will be a write-off) to find that I have two companies still in the red as default. One says default 2006 but not settled after it (Max recovery MBNA), the other (Cahoot ) says default DEC 2010, both where in the IVA at the start and settled in 2010
All the other companies in the IVA still have defaults in 2006 with settled in 2010 which is what I would expected

My first question is can I have the 2010 default removed as it was put on years after the IVA started. Secondly can I request that the other default be shown as settled and lastly should all the defaults come off my record later this year ( 6 years after)

I would like to get my credit rating back up a bit this year if its at all possible as I need to change my mortgage ( in a interest only mortgage at the mo)

Thanks In advance
Rob

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:52 am
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You will need to write to the Data Controller at the creditors concerned and tell them to remove any defaults after the date of your IVA acceptance.

All records should drop off after six years.

Don't forget to check Experian and Call Credit as well as they may have defaults registered on there.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

molly16

Post by molly16 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 am
hi, nothing dropped off our file ! we finished iva novemeber, recieved cert of completion 11 dec. i wrote to all 3 credit agencies and sent photocopy of certificate . as of today my iva has disappeared off credit score , im now good with score 936 , not quite excellent but better than 4 yrs ago !!!! they have all been really qiuck as wrote to them just before xmas. we fell of insolvency registered quickly too . for us its been a thumbs up experience at end and everything sorted.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:40 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by robandyuk

My first question is can I have the 2010 default removed as it was put on years after the IVA started. Secondly can I request that the other default be shown as settled and lastly should all the defaults come off my record later this year ( 6 years after)
Firstly Yes the default could be removed. What will probably happen however is that they move the default date to the date of the IVA agreement. As the IVA agreement will drop off at the same time there really is not much benefit in removing the default and it is easier to get the dates changed. If they remove it, consider it a bonus though it will not amount to much in terms of anyone looking at the report.

Second you should insist that any default is marked as Partially Satisfied with zero outstanding balance. This then shows that the debt has been satisified and they cannot sell the debt on or chase you for payment.

Lastly, Yes, all defaults settled or not will drop off 6 years from when they were first registered.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

tonyranks

Post by tonyranks » Wed May 09, 2012 11:55 am
great info matrix how comes you know so much??? just curious
time is always the answer, stay focus and you will reach the end all in good time

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sat May 12, 2012 2:28 am
I used to work in banking and have been on the other side of the fence back then, many years ago though and long before my IVA :-)
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”