Equity in Finance and DFD (PPI claim)

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
72 posts Page 2 of 5

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:35 pm
Do EIF have links to any insolvency firms??

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

essexlady

Post by essexlady » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:54 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by coupleplus1

we had the packs through from EIF a week or so ago and have already been chased by them to return the packs. When I explained we didn't have any PPI's therefore there was nothing to claim they told me to have the discussion with DFD, which I did. The lady seem a bit put out that I refused to go ahead with the PPI claims but I can't claim for something that I didn't receive and told me to put it in writing to EIF. That was yesterday, and today I received another phone call from EIF asking where our packs were and had to go through it all again! Will be putting them in the post tonight just to get rid of them!

Andrea
That's exactly what I did - posted everything back to them in their pre-paid envelope and told them if they persisted, it was tantamount to encouraging me to commit fraud as I hadn't been mis-sold. Hopefully they will take the hint.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:00 am
Hopefully your firms are more lenient than mine!! Opting out was not an option as we don't know whether we were sold something on the sly to be able to confirm we don't have PPI on any of our accounts...all accounts have to be investigated. Also, selecting a firm of our own was not an option as Varden Nuttall would claim the full refund for creditors and leave us with the bill...so not an option really.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:33 pm
Insolvency practitioners who choose to take a commission from the PPI claims firms should be disclosing this to their clients and the other creditors to ensure complete transparency.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:40 pm
Quite agree Mel - at least mine are giving me the option.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:51 pm
Thankyou mel. I wonder how many people will approach the regulators after completing ivas over fees and tactics used in this ppi mess?

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

mole

Post by mole » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:21 am
As Paul says this all stinks to me. First DFD then payplan. Payplan just one day after their forum expert said on this forum they would not be pursuing their clients for PPI claims!!

When pressed they say they have an 'obligation' to maximise their returns to creditors. Yes, well fair enough, then surely the approach is to suggest to clients they pursue their OWN claims to maximise the amount received.

However, this would not return a nice little referral fee for the company. So they pass on your personal details to a 3rd party company (who knows what they will do and who they will pass this on to?).

Next your IP will be ringing you to ask if you have had an accident in the last 3 years. It seems you are now a marketable sales list that can be exploited and sold.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:12 pm
I don't expect the regulators will want to get involved Paul. So long as the IP is demonstrating that they are doing their utmost to maximise the estate for creditors, and creditors are happy with the level of fees/commission those IPs who choose to take commission are charging, they cannot be seen to be doing anything wrong.

From an IP perspective, dealing with a claims company is much easier to manage and control - I am doing the same in my firm. The issue of commission/fees is one between the IP, the claims company and creditors - but yet again we have another issue hitting our profession which is doing damage to the good reputation of most of our members.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

back on track

Post by back on track » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:19 pm
i bet the iva companys wont lose any sleep over taking a cut from this situation.i agree that we should maximise the return to creditors so why do the iva firms need to take a cut?.
if they said we dont get anything for just giving out our details to these firms who will make a fortune from this then they would be respected more but they dont.i will be telling payplan i will do it myself thankyou.
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:41 pm
Payplan are saying that you do not have to return the forms if you don't want to. I emailed my caseworker and she told me this was the case.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:53 pm
I would expect IPs to earn their commission on realisations (15% in my case) but I have no idea what other arrangement my IP has come to with the claims people. There will be some kick back otherwise they wouldn't be so forceful in not allowing us to claim ourselves or use a firm of our own choosing. I know this isn't the IPs fault, but my firm are certainly making the best of a bad situation!!!

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:55 pm
I'd actually quite like to know what I signed that allows that ties me into using third party firms of their choice.

LostGirl

Post by LostGirl » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:26 pm
Hi all,

I was sent a pack from EIF a couple of months back. I'm with DFD. I have a few issues with this. Firstly I didnt give my permission for my details to be given to a 3rd party and wasn't prewarned by DFD that they had done so. When the pack arrived I had to ring EIF to ask what it was about and where they had got my details from. I told them that I did not have any misold PPI and would not returning the pack and was told rather rudely that I had no option and my IVA would fail if I didn't. I rang DFD whom said I didnt have to return the pack but I was still pursued by EIF for some weeks until I eventually was rather rude to them on the phone. My other issue is that EIF obviously then sold my details on as I recieved an influx of calls from various PPI firms for some weeks after.

Sorry, but the whole thing stinks as far as I'm concerned, and I havent even received an apology from DFD for the trouble caused. All they reply is that they are obliged to get maximum return for the creditors. Just a handy excuse for their incompetence and poor customer service if you ask me.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:40 pm
They are obliged to get the maximum return whether we like it or not unfortunately.

If you've not been missold then stick to your guns otherwise, let them get on with it. It won't affect your iva.
Bob Marley.

Declan at DebtFreeDirect

Post by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:36 pm
Hi All
Just going through this thread and there is certainly a lot of debate raging on the issue of PPI. I’m not going to delve too much into it because my knowledge of it isn’t sufficient to warrant a full debate however what i will say is the purpose of doing this is to realise any potential assets that can be realised in an IVA. However, having read what LostGirl said, I’m quite concerned about the service you received. Lost Girl, would you mind sending me your details so I c an look into this for you?
My contact details can be found on my profile?

Thanks
Declan Murray
Debt Advisor
Debt Free Direct - the UK's largest IVA provider.
http://www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/iva/
72 posts Page 2 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”