Equity in Finance and DFD (PPI claim)

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
72 posts Page 4 of 5

deeps227

Post by deeps227 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:35 pm
Hi Orchid 5. sorry to hear about your problem. at first i thought it was just me but fast realising im not alone. Spent the last few days in a foul mood so much so almost commited road rage( not like me)
just feel bitter and angry that they do this. at least dick turpin wore a mask

deeps227

Post by deeps227 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:39 pm
is there anyone else in the same boat?

deeps227

Post by deeps227 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:44 pm
anyone using payplan having same problem or would Gemma like to comment

artemischild

Post by artemischild » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:57 am
Hi deeps

You'll see for this treads origins the issues I had with EiF and also their poor interaction with DFD. I thought as we were referred to EiF then DFD wild do all the chasing.........seems not!

EiF were a nightmare to deal with, it was more noticeable once they also got the block contract for pay plan and their case load shot up! No one seemed to take responsibility, no one chased anything up and all this for a nice big 40% slice of the pie! It was only following a complaint to both EiF and DFD did things finally move and finalise (20 weeks after the promised 12 weeks from start to finish!!!!)

Thankfully my interactions with EiF are over........I don't envy anyone who is pre ppi checks and mid case with them!!

Arty
IVA completion and certificate received 08/10/2012!!!

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:03 pm
Have to say that once I sent my paperwork back to them saying 'No PPI', I've heard nothing since from either them or Payplan.

deeps227

Post by deeps227 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:14 pm
I know, wish i never had any part of it but the wording in Payplans letter saying that we recommend to to persue claims def isnt right. whats worse on the back of there letter is an agreement from Eif with a need for signature.I fully understand that money needs to be paid into pot but clearly our interests dont count.

deeps227

Post by deeps227 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:20 pm
is it just me, how can any company agree with a 40% cut and thats before payplans commission trying to figure out why it makes my blood boil

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:37 pm
Knowing full well that we had not taken out PPI we just sent the documents back to EIF with the first page crossed out stating 'No PPI'

We did not sign anything.

deeps227

Post by deeps227 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:42 pm
i did think about that but when the time comes for completion it could cause all sorts of problems. to be honest i didnt thing i had any PPI at all

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:51 pm
I don't think it will cause problems. My husband has been retired for almost 20 years so PPI was not an option and my job meant that I didn't need any.

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:00 pm
As a result of EIF's ineptitude i have made a formal complaint to DFD who i do believe have taken this up with some head honcho over there, as everyone else, it was me who chased things up, only to expidite matters so that it didn't delay my closure, hmmmmm now other problems have arisen and to be perfectly honest EIF don't deserve their 33.3% fee at all, certainly for one creditor whom it was me sent all the letters and did all the phone calls!.
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

artemischild

Post by artemischild » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:29 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by orchid5

As a result of EIF's ineptitude i have made a formal complaint to DFD who i do believe have taken this up with some head honcho over there, as everyone else, it was me who chased things up, only to expidite matters so that it didn't delay my closure, hmmmmm now other problems have arisen and to be perfectly honest EIF don't deserve their 33.3% fee at all, certainly for one creditor whom it was me sent all the letters and did all the phone calls!.
You would have thought after my formal complaint to DFD about EiF and to EiF themselves they would have done the things they said they were going to to........seem not[xx(]

Interestingly Judith from DFD is responsible for all complaints and the procedures etc as well as headin guy all ppi claims and the relationship with EiF! Judith did a great job sorting out my closures (awaiting certificate) but I did feel let down after promises around my ppi and with what actually happened after my complaint! I'm not sure if what's being said to customers about EiF from DFD is actually being passed on and upwards within EiF?!?!?

Arty[^]
IVA completion and certificate received 08/10/2012!!!

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:05 pm
Short and curlies come to mind here Arty, i don't think anything will come of it albeit, it is Judith that the complaint has gone via so fingers crossed, however i have also made the same complaint to my IP as well.

I'm going to draft a letter in relation the email sent to me on Friday and there will be some very pertinent questions in that email which i'm going want answering before i sign anything to with a variation whereby my IVA can be held open despite having my Completion certificate until the PPI fiasco has been sorted.

I hope they keep their promises to you Arty and you are not too far off getting that all important piece of paper, fingers crossed for you. xxxx
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

Mrs.T.

Post by Mrs.T. » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 am
Hello. Just checking in as I have not visited for a while.

I have had Equity in Finance on to me about this PPI business and they refused to believe me that I had not taken out PPI insurance. Needless to say I had a letter from DFD basically threatening me to go ahead and sign the forms in the pack. I did so for a quiet life and am pleased to say that all the replies that came back from various banks etc agreed that I had no PPI insurance. I have sent all these letters back to DFD/EIF but have not heard anything since so I hope it is the end of the sorry tale.

The most annoying thing is I am now being inundated with telephone calls from companies saying they are a sister company of EIF and trying to get me to check if I have PPI. Once I tell them I am in an IVA and they should know this information they can't get off the telephone quick enough. Now I am being bombarded with texts. I am so annoyed that my contact details are circulating these companies.

Sorry to go on and on. I am near the end of the tunnel regarding my IVA journey. I have never missed a payment and paid extra in with overtime etc. I have played 'ball' the whole way through and more than happy to give my creditors as much as possible but I do object to this PPI behaviour that is going on at present.

Now I am getting to the end of my journey I am concerned about the things I am reading about DFD but hey that is another story for another thread!

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:22 am
Hi Mrs T, hopefully it is a bit of blip with DFD, it does seem strange that up to now i haven't had any problems with them, got to the final hurdle and down i go, hey ho i have emailed both the author of the email i received on friday as well as copied my IP into it, so fingers crossed i get some straight answers.

Good luck though hopefully because they didn't find any PPI your IVA will run as it should without any other parties being involved. xxx

72 posts Page 4 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”