equity red star

3 posts Page 1 of 1

stevo78

Post by stevo78 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:35 pm
I made a claim on my accidental damage cover with equity red star they sent out a carpet technical adviser he was from frontline ltd and looked at the carpet he was here 5 minutes made the pull worse and them left a week later we had a phone call saying the damage was not done how we had said it had been done. how does a man know what damage a stiletto can do to a carpet as men dont were them as i dont (plus they dont fit me)they have basicly told me and my other half we are liars and fraudulent and or friend that caused the damage was crying her eyes out to be told that she was being fraudulent. I rang the company and i was told to ring my broker three hours later i was told its between me and equity by my broker so i canceled my insurance with this so call company when you ring them you get past from piller to post shouted at and abused they say thy provide a high level of customer satisfaction not a prayer if your looking for insurance dont use these
steve johnson

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:31 pm
Welcome along to the forum.

I cannot advise you specifically on this stevo78, but I can share a similar experience with you. Whilst decorating a year or two back, Mrs Size was up a ladder when the handle on a pot of paint snapped. Carpet ruined, damage to the table and TV cabinet etc. They sent out an assessor who took a cursory look round and said he would be in touch. Needless to say, they refused the claim, on the grounds that dust sheets had not been in place (he didn't even ask me the question!!)

The upshot is that I wrote back saying that dust sheets had been in place, the pot had literally bounced on its edge and covered a greater area that the sheets could cover and that if they refused the claim again I would take the matter to the Financial Ombudsman. Faced with this, they settled after "reviewing" the case.

I would therefore say that there is no harm in writing to them with as much evidence as you can, and indicating that you will take the matter further if necessary. Certainly worth the price of a stamp.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

stevo78

Post by stevo78 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:17 pm
thank you for your info i told them i was going to the ombudsman and the bloke just said go then! we have made our decision and it was formally repudiate the claim
steve johnson
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “insurance”