estate agency wants to do a credit check

2 posts Page 1 of 1

neil277

Post by neil277 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:40 pm
Hi.

My wife and i looked at a new flat today, 10 years old? but the estate agency wants to do a credit check on my wife and myself, this would come back as a bad debt for me but not my wife.

How do people from the fourm get around this system its a very nice flat and the price is very good for my family, i'm in an IVA but will go BR WITHIN 3 MONTHS.

I have to travel to my wife's country very soon and will have to tell the County Courts. I have spoken to my friend who works in westminster and he explaiened to me that this is a family issue and if there is any problems, he in turn will draft a very strong letter to the courts if i have any problem.

My wife feels that they no my problem and i was honest with this guy, i'm going BR what can i do?.

This website is very good.

Keep up the good work

Regards.

Neil

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:48 pm
Well Neil, I think the obvious thing I would do is put the tenancy in your wife's name only. Failing that you could be upfront with the agency and see what they say. They may well ask for a larger deposit to offset any risk. You will have to inform them when you file br anyhow incase there is any small print in the tenancy agreement.
It's nice to be back......
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for march”