Eversheds solicitors,,,help!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

luckycharm

Post by luckycharm » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:13 pm
Ok this has me worried a little. I received a letter just now from a company called Eversheds, it reads as follows: 'Please note that on 01/02/2011, Santander Cards Uk Ltd (formerly known as GE Capital Bank Ltd) transferred and assigned your account to MAX Recovery Limited. Your account will be administered on behalf of MAX Recovery Ltd by Eversheds LLP Solicitors. This letter is for your information only and you do not need to take any action. A letter will also be sent to your supervisor or trustee.Should you have any queries please do not contact this office. For the avoidance of doubt, we will be dealing direct with your nominee/supervisor/trusee in bankruptcy as required by law and it is extremely unlikely you will be contacted by us again. There is no need to respond to this letter'

The following worries me about this letter: 1. why has MAX Recovery passed the account onto a solicitors firm? 2. Why do they NOT want me to contact them?

liamjames

Post by liamjames » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:23 pm
Hi LuckyCharm,

Don't worry- Eversheds are a legal firm acting for Max Recovery, who buy debts from major creditors at a reduced cost. Max Recovery understand that you are entering an IVA and they usually vote very fairly.

They are not asking you for any money and you don't need to do anything.
Take care,

Liam James
Varden Nuttall
http://www.vardennuttall.co.uk

Read our reviews here: http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/Varden_Nuttall.asp

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:24 pm
Hi
It is nothing to worry about and very standard.
Debt is often sold on but as you are in an IVA it will not affect you at all. They have to notify you of this, hence the letter.
Regards
Andam Davies

luckycharm

Post by luckycharm » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:27 pm
Phew....well thats a relief!! Alarm bells went off when I saw they were solicitors!! Thankyou for your help!!!!

salkitten15

Post by salkitten15 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:27 pm
Hi,

I received one of these letters when my debt from a Dorothy Perkins store card was sold onto them, my letter was exactly the same wording as yours.

There's nothing at all to worry about, all I did with the letter was forward it onto my IP and I never heard from them again!

It's a standard letter and as far as I'm aware they are just the same sort of firm as MAX recovery, who buy and sell debt.

Please don't worry about this. :-)

dizzy.r

Post by dizzy.r » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:28 pm
Hi Lucky charm. Don't worry. These are just standard letters which MAX Recovery always send out when a debt is sold on to them. We have received a number of these during the course of our IVA. As far as I am aware, Eversheds Solicitors administer all Max Recovery accounts. They will also liaise directly with your IVA company so you don't need to contact them yourself. I imagine if everyone on their books did then they would be overwhelmed with thousands of replies.

luckycharm

Post by luckycharm » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:16 pm
Thanks everyone [:)]

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:56 pm
MAX Recovery have bought a large number of my debts, you are likely to get a letter each year for each account purchased showing the balance and any payments made by your IP.

I find it useful to see that payments are being made and the letters are formal but nicely worded and don't find them threatening in any way at all.

Unlike the one's I got from the original creditor prior to the IVA...
Last edited by herbekj on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Payment - November 2011 - Completion Certificate received 2 weeks after last payment, Removed from Insolvency Register within 4 weeks after last payment.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”