Exchanging IP's

7 posts Page 1 of 1

hammer1

Post by hammer1 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:02 pm
Just wondered if it is possible to move your IVA to another IP. I Doubt it but worth a reply.

The reason is the original company that forward me to my current IP (Mazars) have joint business interests. I first had a debt management plan with harrington brooks, who specifically put me forward to Mazars. Being in a state back then I took there advise without checking on IP fee's and which company would be more ideal for me. I have since found out that Mazars are very expensive and located far away from me. Would this be a conflict of interest, obviously HB did not work for my best interest.

Just a thought.
Not sure what happened but I am all paid up and finished...they even owe me money now :)))

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:10 pm
I am sorry but it is not really feasible to make an application to replace your IP unless you have very good grounds. This would involve a Court application which would be costly for you, and you would undoubtedly have to justify why you chose this particular firm given the objections you are now making.

I am assuming that you have an IVA that has actually been accepted by credtors and not one which is just in preliminary stages?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

hammer1

Post by hammer1 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:15 pm
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am currently in a IVA and have 1 1/2 years to go.

The reason behind this, is that I am starting to find out about the options available to persons taking up IVA's and feel I was mis sold using the current IP.

In other cases you can object or transfer the services of solictors, insurance companies etc etc.
But obviously this is a different kettle of fish I suppose. Plus I am to far into my IVA to start all that what you have stated.
Not sure what happened but I am all paid up and finished...they even owe me money now :)))

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:28 pm
Are you sure that you feel that you were mis-sold an IVA - if you have been successfully paying into it for 3 1/2 years? Regardless of the level of fees your IP is charging, this has absolutely no effect on you personally unless you are paying your creditros 100p in the £.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

pm5

Post by pm5 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:43 pm
Seems a shame to rock the boat now with only 18 months left.

hammer1

Post by hammer1 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:41 pm
Its 57p in the £ is that good value or the norm??

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:49 pm
Hi
Good value
Andam Davies
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for april”