Expenditure

10 posts Page 1 of 1

goulda

Post by goulda » Mon May 26, 2008 8:11 am
I am compiling my I/E for my annual review due now - with Grant Thornton formerly Debtmatters.

the CCCS allowance for medical/dental and optical is £24 per month is this figure for one person or two.

Both my wife and I wear glasses, require permanent prescriptions and regular dental checks recently I had a tooth removed and the bill was over £120

Our total expenditure for the past year was in excess of £450 so a monthly amount of £38 would be accurate (I keep a record on a spreadsheet of every expense we have to calculate a monthly average figure for the year and tend to use this I am right to do this - perhaps one for Melanie) does anyone else do this or am I over the top?

to all posters how do you calculate any expenditure?
A. G. Gould

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon May 26, 2008 8:32 am
I would calculate it on an average. After all that's how much it is costing. How much have you been allowed in the past?
xx
It's nice to be back......

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Mon May 26, 2008 8:35 am
Can't really answer this goulda, as far as the £24 goes anyway.

Would you be better off using this allowance to set up a health insurance so at least you can claim some of the expense back?

You've had an expensive year this time, but next year could be a lot better, on this point, I think it would be hard to get the figure raised by so much. Hopefully one of the experts answers while my snail does the typing for me!!
IVA completed April 2013

goulda

Post by goulda » Mon May 26, 2008 9:55 am
chris.g

I had to use my contingency allowance
A. G. Gould

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon May 26, 2008 12:34 pm
Goulda

You are doing an amazing job keeping all of those records with regard to your expenditure. This serves two purposes, firstly that you can demonstrate to your IP exactly how much you are spending - and BTW I feel that £40 per month is perfectly acceptable for medical expenditure, and secondly it gives you a real sense of budgeting which will survive the IVA and put you on the right track for the future.

Well done and keep up the good work.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

goulda

Post by goulda » Mon May 26, 2008 1:05 pm
melanie if anyone is interested I use the budget planner in moneyexpert.com as a guide as this lists every type of income and expenditure
A. G. Gould

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Tue May 27, 2008 9:12 am
Goulda, that seems very unfair, I'm br so not quite sure about the allowances in an IVA but I feel you have a very valid point for the allowance. Hopefully, your ip will see sense and allow it,
Best of luck with it,
xx
It's nice to be back......

Martin2011

Post by Martin2011 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:19 am
Tis hard work to keep the budgetting tightly managed... All our months have a plan and so far, very few have come in under projected costs. This month, i.e., pay for end of May to last through June was all neatly sewn up and then I discovered it's fathers day on the 15th.... two to service and I'm sure my kids will want to buy me the traditional bag of peanuts.... no worries, thank heavens for contingency funds....

Martin

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue May 27, 2008 9:22 am
When I have a review ( we have one six monthly.) I send all receipts of anthing over expenditure allowance and so far have been lucky and these have been offset against our overtime before the 50%. I would send your proof and ask for the allowance to be raised or offset if you do overtime. Everything is rising at the moment quite rapidly. In one year just with rent and gas and elec rises ours has gone up by £60 a month and thats without any food or petrol rises. I would speak to them and see wha they say.

ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Locko

Post by Locko » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:51 pm
Hi Goulda, I have just been on the money expert com website, where about is the expenditure on it as I couldnt find it, thanks for your help Locko
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Cost of living in an IVA”