Experian Credit Report

18 posts Page 2 of 2

Parki1979

Post by Parki1979 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:50 pm
Just had a latter today about a Default that would be appearing against me. A bit surprising really considering I am 4 years and 2 months into my IVA, but presumably this should be back dated to when my IVA started? It is via a Debt collection agency so presumably they have just taken on the debt.

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:04 am
Could well be the case, Parki. Make sure that they use the correct date for the default, so that it goes at the appointed time. More info here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.

Parki1979

Post by Parki1979 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:43 pm
Cheers Breezy, the default has not yet appear on my credit report as of yet, as they implied after the end of the month, but I have emailed them informing them that If it appears after my IVA date then I will be taking up a complaint with the ICO to perhaps get ahead of it.

I have other defaults after the start so but will drop off between the 5th and 6th year so will leave them be.

I only wish when I started my IVA, I had read through all the posts on here, there is so much to read and I perhaps would have asked a lot more questions, in particular to guideline amounts for expenditure and such.
18 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “tips for IVA success”