expert help please - i made an iva query on thursd

5 posts Page 1 of 1

apple2

Post by apple2 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:47 am
Freeman jones have agreed to take on my case and have the client application authority and iva proposal forms. I have also set up a new bank account.
As it is early days - I have cancelled all of my direct debtors, but am yet to set up dd's for priorities with my new account- this is happening as we speak.
I get paid on the 25th - next wednesday into my new account.
My question is - when will I need to make my first payment into the IVA? Fremman jones have suggested Wedneasday - but this seems a little odd as the IVA has not even been set up or agreed to yet? I thought the first payment would happen when everything had been agreed so am a bit confused as to what they want the money for - and also, how would I get it back if IVA not approved?
Are they just trying to get me on board asap to start earning their fees/bonuses? As i do not understand where the money will go to otherwise?
Last edited by apple2 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

angela18

Post by angela18 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:50 am
hi apple

we paid a payment to melanie before our creditors meeting. I think its to show the creditors you are willing pay (someone will correct me if i'm wrong). think its quite common practise

ours was accepted 28th April and on 1st July will pay our 4th payment.
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

aguise

Post by aguise » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:53 am
Hi there I am with freeman Jones and cannot fault them. They did ask for one upfront payment to take to the table as such, which we paid pre iva approval. They did say it was only the one payment and no more until the iva was approved. Check with your contact I am they will explain. Make sure you are happy though. I cannot fault them in all honestly we made the one payment and then our first payment to the iva went out a month after approval. The iva took 7 weeks in total from first phone call to approval. No probs since either.
I can only speak as I find. Others may disagree but I dont recall any bad posts about them on the forum.
Ask them anything that is worrying you, that is what they are for.

Ang xx
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

angela18

Post by angela18 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:57 am
check there reviews on www.iva.com
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

sjbyron

Post by sjbyron » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:57 am
Hi Im with Freeman Jones, and thinkbanking, and I cant fault them either (maybe Thinkbanking a little.

Freeman Jones took one months payment prior to IVA from me too, as aguise said, this showed that I can afford the IVA payments and am serious about the IVA.

They said if the IVA is rejected the money I paid to them would goto a DMP With their sister company.

They even rang me pre-approval to inform me that my main creditor Nationwide would vote yes if I offered an extra £50 a month, which I did.

in my opinion an excellent IVA Firm, far better than debt matters, and now that Thinkbanking are sorting their queue times out, they are starting to get better too.

Good luck!
Stu J Byron
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”