Expert posters and solicitation

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue May 19, 2020 8:38 am
I admit that we have let this slip of late, but, as a general rule, experts are not allowed to solicit business on the forum. I have tended to let this go when the expert has already been recommended by another member but now need to remind everyone of the rule on the sponsorship page:

No direct solicitation but you can include links to your company in signature (e.g. if someone is asking for help then you cannot say 'call me on 077...' but you could give some advice on thier circumstances and include your name, number, firm, website in your signature.

All members are still encouraged to recommend IPs, mortgage experts and other experts from personal experience.

Forum Moderators: I am as guilty of this as anyone, but, I will not be pointing enquirers towards any particular experts from now on and I ask you to do the same.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:01 am
Will do.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue May 19, 2020 9:16 am
Noted Foggy - hopefully I have not breached!

How often is the list of experts updated?

Thank you
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue May 19, 2020 9:37 am
Understood foggy.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:47 pm
Foggy can I just clarify are general forum members like myself still allowed to recommend companys etc from our personal use/experience?
Id hate to post something Im
not allowed. I was under impressions its more aimed at the actual experts/companys etc so just want to check Im understanding it right.
Thank you

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 21, 2020 6:47 am
You are allowed to recommend companies from your own experience.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu May 21, 2020 7:43 am
Kallis- if that is the case then I will continue to do so too as a forum member who has benefitted from expert advice from several of our experts over the years.

I maybe a moderator, but I am also a forum member - sorry finding it really difficult to except that our experts who give up their time freely to support this forum, provide advice and guidance, cannot simply say "please contact me if you require further advice" - that's not solicitation...that's offering support and reaching out to people that need it. That's why people come to a forum to gain the knowledge, expertise and to be directed to those that can help.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu May 21, 2020 8:13 am
Wed May 20, 2020 9:47 pmabbiesmum2003 wrote:
Foggy can I just clarify are general forum members like myself still allowed to recommend companys etc from our personal use/experience?
Id hate to post something Im
not allowed. I was under impressions its more aimed at the actual experts/companys etc so just want to check Im understanding it right.
Thank you
Yes, Abbiesmum, you can make personal recommendations, as Kallis says.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu May 21, 2020 8:14 am
Thu May 21, 2020 7:43 amluluj wrote:
Kallis- if that is the case then I will continue to do so too as a forum member who has benefitted from expert advice from several of our experts over the years.

I maybe a moderator, but I am also a forum member - sorry finding it really difficult to except that our experts who give up their time freely to support this forum, provide advice and guidance, cannot simply say "please contact me if you require further advice" - that's not solicitation...that's offering support and reaching out to people that need it. That's why people come to a forum to gain the knowledge, expertise and to be directed to those that can help.
Luluj --- yes, you are free to recount your positive experiences with various experts, as a forum member.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”