extra income

10 posts Page 1 of 1

camiva

Post by camiva » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:25 pm
What happens if while on an IVA i have the chance to earn extra income of up to £1000 for a short period of time. Just over a few months.

Also will the rented house that I am in ever be associated with my IVA. For example if the owner wants to sell it will it be associated bad debt?

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:22 pm
Camiva,

Any overtime/extra income that you earn, 50% will go to your creditors and you will be allowed to keep 50%...this is normally one of the conditions of your IVA.....they allow you to keep 50% because they obviosuly want to encourage you to earn extra money otherwise what is your incentive to do it!

I am not an expert but I believe a few years ago the law changed and your credit rating (including things like IVAs, Bankruptcy) go against you as an individual and not an address. I am sure someone on here will confirm whether this is right.

camiva

Post by camiva » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:39 pm
Thank you! Thats very helpfully.

Can anyone out there confirm the bad debt/house assication.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:48 pm
I think that Bluebelle is right about the change in how a credit rating is sorted out. Some of my debts were still at my mum's address (I only moved out recently) and she has since been approved for a loan.

Two down, fifty eight to go until freedom!

neverending

Post by neverending » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:45 pm
Hi
Bad debts are against the person and not the property.When earning extra money make sure that if your expenditure goes up,eg travelling,then you inform your IP and this amount is deducted from your extra earned income before you have to pay the 50%.Also send the required money in as you get paid it otherwise you are in danger of spending it and then having to try and find it.
Andy Davie

camiva

Post by camiva » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:18 pm
If I do earn extra income say for example £1000 and give 50% to my IVA does that mean that I can finish my IVA in less that 60 months?

freelili

Post by freelili » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:18 pm
Sorry but it doesnt work like that, you pay as much as you can to your creditors over 5 years (50% of any extra, overtime etc)and they write the rest off for you.

LILY
Last edited by freelili on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

camiva

Post by camiva » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:24 pm
what happens then if say ( i know this is mad) I win one million on the lotto can i pay off just what I own my creditors under the terms of my IVA and keep the rest.

accgroup

Post by accgroup » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:45 pm
Hello

Usually an IVA has what is called a "windfall clause". This means if you receive any unexpected cash, eg a lotto win, you have to pay in as much of it as is required to pay your creditors in full plus any statutory interest.

Sorry but you cannot get away with just paying off what you would have done under the terms of the IVA - you would not be in an insolvent position anymore.

I find that most people want to repay their creditors what they are owed in full, if they are able to.

Hope this helps

AccumaGroup - A large insolvency practioner service based in Manchester.
www.accumagroup.com

bluebelle

Post by bluebelle » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:53 pm
Hi,

can you just confirm what you mean by statutory interest?
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”