F and F Settlmet update, but nervous

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

james.c

Post by james.c » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:02 pm
Hi Everyone

Fo those of you know my history i have been in an iva for 19 months and my partner as offered me some money for a F and F settlment.

My IVA company have been good, in my iva it states no f and f can be offered before 24 months, but they have called a creditors meeting on the 10th october for this to be wriiten out and if this accepted to vote for a final and full settelment.

Bascially when i signed up for an iva i was offering 47p to the pound but now the settlement my ip as worked out if its accepted they will egt 44p to the pound, the agremment been is i have twins and can no longer afford the payments etc.

I am nervous because if it does not go through i dont know what i will do, but then i then think, if it would not go through my ip would of not put it to the vote with my creditors,

What do the experts think?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:05 pm
I am also waiting in anticipation of a result for you James - and this will be a useful test for those silly "not within the first 24 months" modifications which I am glad to see are now extinct.

Do be sure to tell us the outcome - and it's about time we had an updated piccy of those lovely little girls!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

james.c

Post by james.c » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:09 pm
as always melaine thank you, i will let you know how it goes, if any one is looking in to an iva i would recoomed melaine.

Melaine , when i can i will get an updated photo, but at the momment they are waking up every hour with teething and dont have time for photos, but when it calms down i will send one.

I just finished reading Andys book and one word brilliant.

Meliane from your experinece do you think my F and F be accepted, or do you have doubts

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:19 pm
I am tempted to say that I will eat my insolvency licence if that offer is not accepted James, but it would be dangerous to say that as I do not have detailed knowledge of your case or the revised offer you are making.

Perhaps I will have a little nibble of one corner!!!

Teething is such a rotten time for the little ones and of course the parents - but heightened for you as you have twins. They'll soon be over it, and Christmas will be such a fab time for the four of you - especially if the IVA is concluded by that time.

Can I just say a big well done to your IP for having the guts to try this. Many would not, and he clearly has your best interest at heart, whilst offering a very commercial offer to creditors. I know that you are with a large provider, and these companies often get bad press on this forum, so I also wish good luck to your IP as well as this will set a good precedent for the future for all of us if it is accepted.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”