F & F advice please

21 posts Page 2 of 2

Razormatt

Post by Razormatt » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:25 am
All paid now so starting the closure process now and have to play the waiting game but feel so much happier and free :lol:

Razormatt

Post by Razormatt » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:27 am
And if it couldn’t be better timing my company announced today we are all getting a pay rise within the next month as we didn’t get anything last year due to COVID

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:40 pm
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:27 amRazormatt wrote:
And if it couldn’t be better timing my company announced today we are all getting a pay rise within the next month as we didn’t get anything last year due to COVID
Excellent !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Razormatt

Post by Razormatt » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:45 pm
So I’m now in receipt of my completion certificate I must say a lot quicker than I expected, made payment on 29th June and received the completion Certificate today via email with a note to say hard copy in the post

So what now ?

Do I need to send it to the credit reference agencies ? Or creditors ?

As I finished mine after 36 months I know it will stay on my credit file for the full 6 years but should be marked as settled or discharged ?

My credit rating isn’t as bad as I thought it would be but this maybe due to car finance that I was allowed to continue whilst in my IVA which comes to an end next month and never missed a payment on that plus I have a mobile contract etc

Just need some guidance on what to do next or if Someone can point me in the right direction please

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:50 pm
As usual a read here might help: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record

What should happen is that the IP will also send copies of completion paperwork to the Insolvency Service, so the countdown on coming off the Register can start (and be marked there as completed in the meantime). The Insolvency Service will, in turn, report to the Credit Reference Agencies in their normal reporting cycle.

Your IP should also send copies to your creditors with the final accounts.

Well Done --- you got there ! :D
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Razormatt

Post by Razormatt » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:55 pm
Thanks again for all your help

I am incredibly surprised that I managed to get my completion certificate within in 3 weeks but just goes to show it is possible
21 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “full and final settlements”