F&F Opinion please

2 posts Page 1 of 1

Curious One

Post by Curious One » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:11 am
Hi All,

I am currently 33 months into an IVA with DFD and am most likely going to have to find a new place to live shortly as i currently live my parents but they are now getting divorced (quite a bitter one) and are selling the family home...

As there is equity in the property they are offering to pay up my IVA early and think that a realistic target would be a years time which would leave me with 17 months left.

I currently pay £290 a month and lets say if it was in one years time i would have £4930 left to pay. My Dad has offered me £4000 to pay off the IVA and enable me to find a place of my own, which due to the IVA payment i simply could not afford to do. I was just wondering whether people think this would be accepted.

This would actually be the total without the last years fees of £900 but is that not taken by the IP anyway?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:59 am
If you can manage to make the payments for the next 12 months and then make the offer, I think it has a good chance of acceptance given your circumstances. But if you are having to move out, into more expensice accomodation, how will you afford to manage over the next year?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “full and final settlements”