Facebook

25 posts Page 2 of 2

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:42 am
and I might have to come with you as ...............oh I can't think of anything right now but I will do for sure before we leave.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

jessie.sibg

Post by jessie.sibg » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:49 am
Too bad I haven't read your post. I opened one of the videos last December and my laptop always restarts by itself.. :(

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun May 16, 2010 4:10 pm
How bad is this... through FB I have "met" some of my extended family! I'm in contact with cousins I probably won't meet unless there's a funeral!

brapa

Post by brapa » Wed May 19, 2010 3:48 pm
how is it possible to get a virus through facebook?

do you have to download a video? i don't get it. videos on fb are flashbased and i can not imagine that it is possible to get a virus because of a flash movie.

i am worried now. i use facebook and videos there as well. i need my computer and i could not afford a new one.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed May 19, 2010 7:45 pm
Hi brapa, I'm not sure how it works, but I know people who have got virus's from applications on FB.

I still use FB, just careful about what I open on there.

xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:38 pm
Apparantly there is an application on there at the moment and if you open it you get bombarded with pop up ads.

Must admit that I never open videos on FB.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

DEBTFREEJAN2015

Post by DEBTFREEJAN2015 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:55 am
Must say other day on FB friends had up not open video that had been "sent" by them as they hadn't sent it!!!!!!!
Also other Private messaged a friend who had suggested someone to me, her reply was she hadn't.......so take care and caution!!!!!
Life is a struggle.......but its all worth it in the end!!!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:17 am
I never watch videos on there and only ever authorise people I know. I've had several people over the past year who have asked to be my friend and I haven't a clue who they are so they are ignored. I rarely join groups either.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Til

Post by Til » Wed May 26, 2010 8:20 am
we got a huge virus off a facebook video link. It was sent to us as an inbox message but turned out the friend that sent it didn't - they had got the virus too and it sent out messages to all her friends list!

the virus we got was called "Antivir" and pretended to be our own firewall warning us of infection and asking us to enter card details to upgrade our security software so they could get rid of the virus - when in fact it was the virus asking for card details!!!

Luckily we spotted it and downloaded Malwarebytes Antimalware to get rid of it and all sorted since then [:)]
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:34 am
I use that as well, along with several other anti spyware applications.

I'm overly cautious when it comes to attachments on the computer and rarely download anything unless the sender has already emailed to say they are sending photo's.
Bob Marley.
25 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “money saving tips”