Failed IVA'S

10 posts Page 1 of 1

tinytori

Post by tinytori » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:33 pm
Hello Guys [:)]

I was wondering why do IVA's tend to fail?? What is it that people do or dont do to make their IVA fail???

xxxx

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:36 pm
There I&E is not realistic and they cannot live within it on a day to day basis!

Life in a IVA has to be reasonable standard of living - yes you are on a budget and it does get tight sometimes, but at the end of the day you have been allowed money for all eventualities within your IVA so it shouldn't be hard to cope - some people cannot manage to adjust their lives to live within budgets having soent thousands over years and years on the credit cards !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

rachellxx39

Post by rachellxx39 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:37 pm
Hi. we dont want our iva to fail after starting it in Jan 08,but we are struggling and finding it very difficult. Lots of things gone wrong last few mths etc Cost of living gone up .Havent had enough time to save any contingency money to save for emergencies and now we need two new front tyres for car, with tracking and balance.Dont know whats going to happens to us but if things dont improve i think ours will fail.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:40 pm
I had to have two new front tyres - HiQ charged me £100 for two budget tyres inc balancing etc etc - this was the cheapest I could find!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:45 pm
Hi Rachel,

Have you spoken to your IP at all about your problems? You could ask for a payment holiday to pay for your tyres etc.

I think most people are able to ask for a variation of their payments, usually 15% without asking the creditors.

We are also allowed to go three months in arrears before our IVA will fail.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

rachellxx39

Post by rachellxx39 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:51 pm
We spoke to our ip just over a week ago , we filled in new i&e and was told that my husbands iva could go to varation meeting with creditors. Great we thought ! sent back signed paperwork. I rang to speak to ip Thursday last week , no answer on the phones , as you can see from other posts Clearstart are merging with Dfd . We havent been told this by them yet however by letter or by phone.Now yesterday husband checked car and we need two new tyres. It never rains but it pours . Feeling very down today , think our ivas are doomed to failure im afraid. Thanks anyway Jan , RACHEL X

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:58 pm
Don't think like that Rachel! I am sure that you can get things sorted out. You could try phoning DFD tomorrow and see if you can get through to them.

Don't give up!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:00 pm
Our IP does not have to do a formal variation to reduce our payments upto 155 - it is there decision. As you have said you are having difficulties in talking to Clearstart at present so without being able todo this it will be hard!

Cars are so expensive - two weeks ago my key snapped in the lock -insurance job £120 excess ! This week my exhaust went in full - £130, and on topof that while fixing it they notice a few other things so had to have it serviced in the end £165!!!!!!! Tax due this next month to..........contingency all gone, clothing and personal hygiene allowance will have to come into play I think!!!

Remain positive and focused and I am sure all will be ok!

10 down 50 to go!

rachellxx39

Post by rachellxx39 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:06 pm
Thanks ,just having a down day today . I will struggle on as best as i can while i cant get in touch with Cleartsart .Been thinking alot today and the most important thing in my life is family if iva fails at least ive said i gave it a go . xxx

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:09 pm
Can any of your friends or family help with the tyre cost ??? My mum cannot help out mega however when things go totally adrift for us she will be "gift" us some money ......i.e. the exhaust ! Every little helps!

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”