Family Changed their mind

38 posts Page 3 of 3

stressed_suzanne

Post by stressed_suzanne » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:31 am
Hi Lily, the 'special' I think - well it was in our case! - is a police person trained in the art of video evidence with children. They have learnt the best ways of getting as much out of a statement from children without distressing them or making them feel uncomfortable.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Gill [:I]
Suzanne

gill.p

Post by gill.p » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:39 pm
No worries, It is just such a personal thing, when your child, no matter what age has been hurt, and these thugs get away with it and moving onto the next victim. I cannot believe how angry I was on tuesday, it took me a few days to calm down! I totally understand the police do the best they can, but very much doubt that my son's attackers will be caught until they have done some serious damage to another poor innocent person. My son is still scared to go out on his own at the moment. Thank god, he only has a few lumps and bumps to contend with.---- mind you the policeman who came round to take the statement was pretty HOT!
14 down 46 to go!

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:19 pm
yes, I think they took the video of my son and it was to be used in evidence in court if needed. Since it was his 3rd (that I know of) offence I dont think they needed our evidence. They said to me that they would arrest the boy concerned there and then, my sons wounds were photographed in hospital. I know exactly how you feel Gill. It took me ages to get over it, I had some time off work. It is not only the bruises either, the affects on the young person concerned can go much deeper. At that time there wasnt so many incidents with knives happening. Its a scary world isnt it??

I had a woman and a man officer, according to my other son she was hot, but the he officer was warmish.

I hope he is OK. Thoughts are with you.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:26 pm
It is a scary world Lily, but until there's a real deterrent it'll carry on getting worse. We need to punish offenders, not give them plasma TVs and gyms.

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:50 pm
I wasnt living in this house when this happened to my son, it must have been around 4 years ago. I always thought schools, particularly special schools were quite safe, it just goes to show. The lad was particularly violent, that must have been his area of special need, none of us parents were aware of it. I had not experienced anything like that before or since but it happens, I guess and its very sad. Something, somewhere must be very wrong.
LILY

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:40 pm
This is really scary, because it's one thing that traumatises me every time my son leaves the house. Gill and Lily, you have experienced my biggest fear. Every day I worry that my boy will get beaten up. Not because he is violent or anything like that, but purely for opposite reasons. Is is very popular with girls and has lots of girl 'friends'. In their opinion, he dresses quite 'cool', has 'cool' hair and is quite popular, but he is very small for his age and I just fear that bigger lads are gonna get hold of him and beat him to a pulp. I need to chill out more about this subject, 'cos I could really let it rule my life if I let it. Thankfully to date, he has never been touched (touch wood) but they are back to school on Wednesday, so the bullies will be out in force! Kazzy x
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

angela18

Post by angela18 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:03 pm
I worry about my daughter as well.. scares me to death!! Sometimes I think I'm overprotective, but then again is there such a thing
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:08 pm
Kazzy

It was my biggest fear too and tortured myself with it for quite a few weeks afterwards but life is sent to try us, I am afraid. I just had to chill out about it in the end and try not to think of it now. My son is really small for his age too, I know many of the anncillary staff at the school were really upset. My boy did nothing to deserve it, nothing.

We should not let these thugs rule our lives, we are not at war. Please dont worry, there will be an angel somewhere looking out for your precious boy. There certainly was for mine that day.
LILY

38 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “postings for august”