Fed Up!!!!! Currently trying to go through an IVA

13 posts Page 1 of 1

emmaxpete

Post by emmaxpete » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:44 am
I'm just having a moan!!
Totally fed up - hubby has just rang asking if we have any money in the bank cos he's got a company car and has to visit another prison (he's a prison officer)! The car needs diesel! Rang the bank, and we are overdrawn by 60pence! Hubby dosn't get paid until next thursday, got no food in the house and nobody (meaning family/friends), knows about our situation, so can't ask for help!! Waiting for money to go in the bank from paypal - had to sell kids wedy house on ebay to get money to help us through the month!!
Currently trying to go through an iVA - sent the signed proposal of on monday!!
I'm am so fed up with living like this! I work full time, don't pick my 2 kids up (aged 1 and 4) until 7 oclock each night!! Have my niece and her son living with us rent free (her mum died) - council won't make her a priority in getting her housed cos she's living with us and not homeless!! My eldest son is in the prosess of being diagnosed with aspergers (a form of autism), my mouth is full of ulcers, just started getting IBS and am on anti-depressemts cos I got postnatal depression!! When is life going to get better! Yes - it is our fault we are in debt, but most of it is because we have helped other people! Niece started livving with us when she was 13 (in 2002), got no financial help of anybody!! Had father in law living with us for 18 months (got dementia) - this really caused us stress!! I feel guilty that I can't look after my own kids, cos I have to work!! Especially know my son has his 'problems'!!

jasperyogi

Post by jasperyogi » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:53 am
hi there emmaxpete,
I just wanted to say that I feel for you and your situation. It sounds like the world is falling down around you. Can your niece help by putting something in the pot now?
We are just waiting for our meeting which is next friday its only taken about 3 weeks from sending our proposal off...so hang in there its not for much longer. Things will get better, I have a saying " one day I will look back and laugh at this!!!!"

Why spend life worrying...when you can spend it smiling!!

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:56 am
Hang on in there Emma, once the IVA is in place you can at least rest assured that you will have money budgeted for all your essential living costs.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

emmaxpete

Post by emmaxpete » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:15 am
Thanks for your replies!! we can't ask my niece to give us any money cos she is only on icome support and she pays 30 pounds a month towards storage - as all her possessions are in storage until she gets a place of her own!! Just had a 'glimmer' of goods news!! 2 years ago we had foreign students staying with us for 6 months - the company was paying is 80 punds a month, but the cheques kept bouncing!! So didn't get paid at all for the 6 months they where with us!!! The company went bankrupt/insolvent, and we put oursevlves down as a creditor, my mum has just rang (she had a student aswell, but just for a short period of time), and has rec'd a chq this morning for £50! So, hopefully, when I go home there should be a chq waiting for me for £180 (£180 for housing/feeding somebody for 6 months - original amount owed was £2080 - now I know what my creditors are going to feel like - ha ha)!!!!

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:17 am
Fingers crossed it will be waiting for you at home. All the best.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:21 am
Keep your head up Emma, you are doing the best you can [:D] Once your IVA goes through things will hopefully settle down a bit.

Best Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/

lily

Post by lily » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:52 am
Hi there

So sorry for your problems, its obvious its affecting more than just your bank balance. Its just a thought but could you tell the council that youre going to throw your neice out? I know its sounds horrible but then they would have to treat her has homeless. I had my stepdaughter living with me around 3 years ago, also rent free and we really didnt have the room, we argued all the time and it wasnt healthy for my children who were much younger. This is what I did and it worked she was given a place the following week,

Do you claim disability living allowance for your son? Aspergers syndromw is quite difficult to cope with, my eldest is aspergers and he was granted DLA.

I am just feeling that you need to sit down and have a rethink, your health is far more important, with two such young children. This isnt coping really is it? Is there no one you can confide in?

Try to take care of yourself and good luck.

lily
lily

jasperyogi

Post by jasperyogi » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:32 am
I'm so pleased about the possibility of the cheque!! thats great news. I'm with lily on the housing situation. When a friend of mine first got married they were living with her inlaws and kept waiting for their own place from the council but the wait went on and on so they had a huge bust up (well so the council were told!!) they had an address 2 days later!!
Give it a go what have you got to loose.
I hope your feeling a little happier now, and reading your story it sounds like you may not have pennies tripping you up, but you have the love of loads of people and that is surely priceless!

s.b.w

Post by s.b.w » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:01 pm
Silly question, but did you never receive child benefit for your niece, if not, try for a back dated claim?

There must be other back dated benefits you can get...

ALSO, is your niece climing housing benefit in her own right? She would then be ale to claim or her part of the council tax and rent you pay.

Just thought I'd give you a bit of our advice as friends are in a similar situation.

Good luck... there's light at the end of the tunnel... just hang in there.

Shaz x

Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!
If only I'd said NO!
Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!
If only I'd said NO!

Go to my blog at:

http://shazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

emmaxpete

Post by emmaxpete » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:11 am
Thanks for all your advice guys!! Yes, we did get child benefit (about £12 a week), but, we had to pay for a bus pass, school meals, uniform etc for her, and wasn't eligable for anymore benefits!! My niece is now 19 and is entitled to housing benefits, but because we are family, the council have stated that we can't class her as a lodger, therefore, are unable to get the housing benefit for her!!
We did put her in a hostel a few weeks ago (things got too much), in the hope she would become a priority to the council, but they said she could be there upto a year and then she wouldn't get a say in where she was housed - so we took her back after 2 days (felt too guilty)!! So back to square one!! As my son is not yet been diagnosed yet with asperegers (I've heard it can take years) - I'm a little reluctant to apply for DLA until then! Although, I must say, I am 99.9% sure that he will be diagnosed with the disorder!

Well, the cheque was there when I got home (£188) - so that is in the process of being cleared in the bank! I've also been told our creditors date - 3rd september - yikes!! Really nervous, just because if it's not accepted, what are we going to do????

lily

Post by lily » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:59 am
If your child still does not have a diagnosis but still has abnormal/ chanllenging behaviour you should still go forward and make a claim. My eldest was a bit of an emigma, when he started school it was obvious to them that there was something wrong and professionals were involved and suggested that I made the claim, the two younger ones were more severe and atteneded child development centres so they sorted the claims out when they were two. I had a friend who couldnt get a diagnoses for her son but he did have autistic tendancies, I suggested she made a claim, she did and DLA was granted. All you really need is a professional, ie Doctor, nursery, school to agree theres a problem, a label will not make any difference. You really have nothing to lose and I would urge you to make a claim.

Good luck

lily
lily

emmaxpete

Post by emmaxpete » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:14 am
Thanks lilly - his paedtritrician has said he's got autistic tendancies, and his school (senco &teachers') have said they believe he has aspergers!! Ny son has an app. on 13 sep with the dr, so, hopefully, he will then be referred to somebody who is qualified to make a diagmosis! What I'm afraid of, is if I apply for DLA and they right to the Dr to confirm the info. on the form, the dr may think I am pushing/trying to label my child, just to try and get money of the DLA (even though it was his school who referred him to the paedtritrician initially - I though i had a 'perfect' child)!!

n_b

Post by n_b » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:17 am
emmaxpete,

Good Luck with your appointment , I'll have my fingers crossed for you

Best of Luck

Nicki[:)]
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for august”