Fed up

4 posts Page 1 of 1

laura414

Post by laura414 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:00 pm
I’m in my third year of my IVA and totally fed up and feeling low. Hubby and I are working full time and we never have any money to do anything. I have about a fiver in the Bank to last until the end of the month and will have to borrow just to get by. Iva company won’t reduce the payments and it’s making me miserable. Feel like I’m working for nothing. I have friends on benefits that always seem to be going out and doing nice things and I hardly ever do.

Feeling sorry for myself today :(

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:16 pm
If you are running out of money before the end of the month there is something amiss with either your I&E or with your budgetting -- whichever it is, it has to be sorted out. I am afraid the situation is that you should not have anything left over at the end of the month, but should be able to cover basic living expenses.

Which firm are you with ? They do have the discretion to reduce the payment slightly without reference to creditors and should look at the option.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Radish

Post by Radish » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:41 am
So sorry to hear of your difficulties, an IVA is not supposed to feel like a punishment, I'm not an expert but I know the I.P do have discretionary abilities at their disposal. It could be that you've talked to the wrong advisors in the call centre.

I think the middle years are the hardest from what people have said on this forum (including me)
IVA complete March 2014 after 6 years.

lisakent86

Post by lisakent86 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:12 pm
Yeah right. Wrong advisors can take you for a ride and it becomes difficult for us to pay.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”