Fee from nowhere

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
7 posts Page 1 of 1

phil_innit

Post by phil_innit » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:32 am
Hi - all been reading the forum, taking advice for quite sometime but this is my first post.

Completed my final payment in Feb12, but a back log due to a delay in with regard to VAT on IVAs my IP, (Varden Nuttall) have only no just got around to looking at my case, despite chasing several them times.

I got a phone call out of the blue the other day to say I owe £500 to reach the minimum dividend, not £489 or £511.52 a big fat, round £500.

I have questioned this, but administrator I spoke to just went in circles, kindly offeing me the option to pay of in two parts!! I asked for a payment schedule to be sent as I'm very sceptical about this payment and why it's such an even number. Got the schedule last night and it may as well have been written in Mandarin!!

If I need to pay I will, I would just like some honest advice to say - suck it up son and pay the cash or these guys are way out of line don't pay, here some questions you need to ask.

So please hit me some truth!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:07 am
Sounds odd that even with the VAT and PPI reclaim you have not achieved the minimum dividend. How much would they have wanted without these little additions? I would ask for a total breakdown and not just hand the money over as £500 is unlikely to change an overall dividend too much.

Speak directly to the IP or ask for a face to face meeting.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:07 am
And why does it take them since February to highlight this? Assuming that February was the fifth anniversary of your IVA, they should have filed an annual report by April at the latest which should have highlightedthis to you if it hadn't been picked up earlier.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:16 am
poor show,I wouldnt pay a bean until they satisfy you that it is actually due. The fact its a nice round £500 makes me even more supspicious!!!

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

jimmys

Post by jimmys » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:06 am
VN did this to me also, they put it down to a "miscalculation as the origional figures were estimates" at the time I felt they 'had me by the balls' so I paid.

That was some 9 months ago, and there still to close!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:11 pm
What is actually holding up the closure of your case jimmys?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

jimmys

Post by jimmys » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:34 pm
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”