feeling down

20 posts Page 2 of 2

DMB

Post by DMB » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:03 pm
I know how you are feeling Claws. Very depressing at times.I keep telling myself i am in a better situation now but it doesnt always feel like it?

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:25 pm
Yup whenever I feel down I go into my paperwork box and look back at what the wife and I were paying out on 2 loans and 7 credit cards. If we hadnt taken action 3 years ago we would be bankrupt now with no house!!

Chin up

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:50 pm
I never look at my paperwork now - my I&E is on my laptop and I check on that when I need to.

I mostly feel positive although I can see that some people do feel down.

Claws - the forum is always here for a virtual hug and support whenever you need it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:44 pm
I have good days and bad, positive and negative. Initially it was all negative and now it's turning more positive *touches wood*.

Sorry to hear you're feeling down and hope you come back up very soon. An IVA is tough but I'm convinced it will be worth it.

Try the Sun breaks or a Travelodge one I use Travelodge offers regularly I've had £9, £15 and the one I pay the maximum is £19.00.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

600andy

Post by 600andy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:18 pm
I know it's a bit of a cliche to say this as our IVA has been a hell of a roller coaster, but once you get in the groove, the months and years just fly by. We have almost entirely changed how we live and have just 13 more payments until were debt free. We too have gone without holidays for the last 4 years - and it's the kids who have missed out the most although God knows, my Wife & I could sure use a break. We have promised ourselves a good, post-IVA holiday - nowhere flash, but somewhere where we can totally chill and take the deep deep breath of solvency & a cash payment holiday without trashing a credit card - now that is a sweet dream that gets ever closer. This year, everyone around me seems to be off on their Holidays and yea, its horrible when your not going too. Big sympathies - we all know how it feels.....
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “tips for IVA success”