ferret

69 posts Page 4 of 5

scirocco

Post by scirocco » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:54 pm
Done Jan, but I don't know how to work within frugal friends. Is it like PMs
Dave

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:04 pm
I've sent you a message. Hope it gets to you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

scirocco

Post by scirocco » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:19 pm
Jan, I can't find anywhere to pick up messages.
Dave

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:24 pm
It should go through to your email address.

I wasn't able to find you to add you as a Frugal Friend. but by clicking on your name I was able to send you a message. If we still have problems, I'll get admin to send you my email.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

scirocco

Post by scirocco » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 am
Got it Jan.
Dave

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:57 am
Scirocco - I totally relate to the unconditional affection, our "little" man is only 10 months and is sooooooo loving and loyal...even though he's a bit naughty at times [:D] Wouldn't be without him [:)]

scirocco

Post by scirocco » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:25 am
Julie, I'll bet your 'little' man isn't so little. Male dobes are well known to push the boundaries, but the reward for calm, consistent leadership is many fold. I have always had dogs and treat them like dogs, but my male dobe insists on sitting on my knee, and he weighs in at 43 kg!

I showed them until my finances hit the skids, but they couldn't care less as it means more free time to walk and play.

A very misaligned breed, they get on very well with people and all other breeds of dogs. Not overly keen on cats though.

Dave
Dave

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:29 am
I have always said that it is the owner a lot of the time. We used to have two Rotties next door but one to us, and they were fab dogs, especially the dog. He was lovely.
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:58 am
Totally agree Jan, we have a male rottie a couple of doors away. He's huge but soft as anything.

When Dobby's in full flow down the beach I can see other people looking wary..until they realise he's full of fun. He's all legs and slober!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:50 pm
Dobermans, Rotties and bull terrier breeds get a bad press, but it is down to the owner a lot of the time. The chavs who like to have the 'aggressive dogs' are mostly to blame.

Dobby looks lovely, and I've seen pictures of scirocco's dogs and they are beautiful.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:55 pm
Scirocco I used to show a lot until my finances went down! I did go to Crufts the other week with a friend who did very well x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

scirocco

Post by scirocco » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:33 pm
Hi Lesley, I have a couple of friends who did very well at Crufts with their whippets.

I have never won with my dobes, had a few placings, but as much as they might be good, I'm rubbish.

Dave
Dave

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:44 pm
I'm more into obedience but have shown but never to Crufts standards I leave that to my friends, too political for me x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

gavin

Post by gavin » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:07 pm
look like my neighbour wonts me to pay him £6500 for lose of his cat and stress and suffering
Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:21 pm
Err, I think that is a bit excessive!

Tell him you will replace the cat.
Bob Marley.
69 posts Page 4 of 5
Return to “pets corner”