Few Blog Updates - why ???

24 posts Page 1 of 2

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun May 10, 2009 7:09 pm
Having been really busy for a few weeks i have finally caught up with what people have been upto on the forum. Not only have the questions in my opinion lessened, but also the number of new blogs, and blog updates have significantly dropped off ........I personally think this is a real shame as it was the reading of other peoples blogs that inspired me to create my own and subsequently keep it updated ........can the forum not do more to encourage bloggers back onto the forum - I am sure new/ fresh stories and updates from regulars would help to resolve alot of newbies questions and fears.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 10, 2009 7:11 pm
I think a lot of people,once they have told of how they got here, find they have reached the end of the road.

For myself, I do need to update mine, just haven't got round to it.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun May 10, 2009 7:14 pm
I update mine regularly but to be honest there isn't a lot to say at the moment...at least not a lot that I think will benefit others [:)]

Hopefully now there are a few new posters, we'll see some new blogs.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 10, 2009 7:49 pm
I will start one soon. I won't have much time over the next couple of weeks as I have a 3500 word law assignment to do so need to concentrate on that a bit. I will stay around most days to catch up with everybody and hopefully pay back some of the support that I have received from all you great people.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun May 10, 2009 7:52 pm
It'll be great to read your blog.....but you must concentrate on your assignment, good luck [;)] xx

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 10, 2009 7:55 pm
Thanks Julie. I will do one and try and put a few funnies in alontg the way.
IVA.co.uk The best place for debt advice. Thanks to Melanie Giles, David Mond, David and J (Elv5) Kallis, Dand, Skippy, Andy Davie

mole

Post by mole » Sun May 10, 2009 8:05 pm
Yes you should do one Paul, I think it would be quite fun as well as informative. My strength is in numbers and not words.

ivas4us

Post by ivas4us » Sun May 10, 2009 8:08 pm
Phil, I am far better with numbers than words as well. I would much rather spen all day number crunching than writing stuff. Which begs the question how come I didn't add my finances up sooner but I think the head buried in the sand and also denial had a large part to pay.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun May 10, 2009 8:10 pm
Phil, you should do a blog too.....your experience of having a meeting re-scheduled etc will help others. Remember a lot of people visit the site and read the blogs to gain real life experiences, before deciding on their route.

The more of us who blog, post etc...the more we'll help others.

Blogging helped me loads especially through some darker times....though when I read it now I sound like a right moaning minnie!! [:D]

mole

Post by mole » Sun May 10, 2009 8:19 pm
Yes Paul, our 'apparent' strength with numbers doesn't look like it has been very evident recently. [:I]

I think I may be tempted into a single entry explaining my whole experience... I really should as I know how I benefited from reading others, like yours Julie.
Last edited by mole on Sun May 10, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wonder

Post by wonder » Sun May 10, 2009 8:34 pm
I think some of you must be better with numbers because you misread things or misquote people. Sometimes not reading between the lines you often give wrong advice/information. Thats only a small minority. I like to just sit in the back ground. I think we all have our own story but most of us are here because we overspent and were too thrifty me included, though I have good reasons some people might think its a poor excuse.
Life goes on!!

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sun May 10, 2009 8:38 pm
Well luluj - I have started a blog on topical matters as I see it and hope the posts there help all posters on the issues I raise.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun May 10, 2009 8:39 pm
I find typing my blog boring, hence it doesn't get updated very often! It never seems that interesting to me either, unlike other peoples!

I don't agree that the questions have lessened either.

Wonder, I'm sorry you have a problem with some of the advice given. You have to bear in mind that many of us on here aren't experts and give advice based on our own experiences and from information we have picked up on the way. If an error is made someone is always around to correct it.

It's not always easy to read between the lines, so it helps when posters give as much information as possible.
Last edited by Skippy on Sun May 10, 2009 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun May 10, 2009 8:58 pm
Funny how we see everyone else's blog interesting but not our own [:D]

Wonder - no-one would think your excuse for being in your position, a poor one. Everyone has a different background to debt and some are not in debt at all. The important thing is we're all here to help and support.

I'm not aware of any problems arising from wrong advice / information...as Skippy says, we're not all experts and do our best to give support via our own experiences. As the forum has gone from strength to strenght we must be doing something right [;)]

Hopefully, you'll stick around and post too xx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:10 pm
I agree with Julie and Skippy. The majority of us on here speak from personal experience, and also from what we have picked up on here.

The professionals are second to none and their advice is always spot on and if any of us make a mistake (and we are only human after all) then it is always corrected.

I'd like to know what wrong information you are referring to.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
24 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “blogland 2009”