Final offer

8 posts Page 1 of 1

DEBTFREEJAN2015

Post by DEBTFREEJAN2015 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:16 pm
Hi wondering if someone could help,we've been in our IVA for 2 years now. So far have payed £18,324 back.
With 13 payments of £240,
11 payments £360
£1500 we owed for husbands wages being over.
Plus £9000 we payed from a insurance at the begining, which was part off our IVA agrrement.

As you can see last year they upped our monthly amount by £120 a month. Our yearly review has just come thru and looking at it they are "hinting" that it will go up another £100.
I know our expenditure will have gone up this year, but after speaking to family my Mum has offered to help us out.
We have 3 years left and at this years monthly rate times 36 it would be £13,104.
What would you say to offer as a final payment, we were thinking £10,000 or do you think less or more!!!!!
We are with Mccambridge and Duffy and have found them to be brilliant, but just wondered to ask on here first before approaching them on Tuessday.

Many thanks
Life is a struggle.......but its all worth it in the end!!!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:23 pm
Hi and welcome.

You should offer as close to the original dividend as possible. Also make sure that McCambridge Duffy know that the money is only available for a full and final offer.

You can but speak to them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:25 pm
I'm not sure on amounts for F&F but do wish you all the best for a conclusion. McCambridge Duffy do have an excellent reputation and sure they'll help you x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:34 pm
I agree you should offer as close to the original agreed dividend .... however take into account three years IP fees etc will not be paid and therefore the £10,000 you speak about may well be acceptable!

Good luck !

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

DEBTFREEJAN2015

Post by DEBTFREEJAN2015 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:38 pm
The original amount to pay back was @ £24000, but with the extra month in the last year and £1500 we payed in Jan, this would take it over that.
Life is a struggle.......but its all worth it in the end!!!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:51 pm
Don't forget that you will always owe the full amount to your creditors plus fees until the IVA is completed.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

back on track

Post by back on track » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:04 pm
do they always take ips fees out when doing a f@f offer as i cant see the ips being very happy about doing f@f if thats the case.when my wife did a full and final they hardley knocked anything off the ips fees and she paid nearly all the dividend that would have been paid over 5 years
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:42 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by back on track

do they always take ips fees out when doing a f@f offer as i cant see the ips being very happy about doing f@f if thats the case.when my wife did a full and final they hardley knocked anything off the ips fees and she paid nearly all the dividend that would have been paid over 5 years
It all depends on the terms of your own proposal. Mine get 15%, so if I made a F&F near the expected dividend they'd still get the same amount without having to do the work ... so a bonus !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “full and final settlements”