Final review / closure of IVA

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Michael1971

Post by Michael1971 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:12 pm
Hi. I made my final payment to Aperture in september and sent all my paperwork off for my final review. After chasing it up several times I received a phone call from aperture today telling me that no extra income was due but it will now take between 3 and 6 months for them to close my IVA as my case is getting sent to their closures team to do final checks and make sure all my creditors have been properly paid. Im worried now as this seems a very long time. Can anyone tell me exactly what these checks entail and why should it take so long? Am I right to be worried?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:42 pm
Michael1971 wrote:
Hi. I made my final payment to Aperture in september and sent all my paperwork off for my final review. After chasing it up several times I received a phone call from aperture today telling me that no extra income was due but it will now take between 3 and 6 months for them to close my IVA as my case is getting sent to their closures team to do final checks and make sure all my creditors have been properly paid. Im worried now as this seems a very long time. Can anyone tell me exactly what these checks entail and why should it take so long? Am I right to be worried?
Many firms do these final checks within a few weeks to 2 months .... but they are the ones who hit the ground running and see the closure on the horizon. Aperture compartmentalise everything and the closures department haven't even seen your file before, let alone got a head start. Back in the day they were renowned for taking 6 months as the norm, often more. Thay have improved a bit from then, but are still among the three legged horses in the race.

There shouldn't be anything to worry about, except for the inordinately long time it will take, during which time you are still in and still bound by the IVA, except for the need to make payments.

All that said they will still quote a long date and will hope to come in faster -- remember, though, that we have the upcoming holiday in the way to prolong matters further. There have been times when they have done really well, so fingers crossed this is one of them.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michelled0422

Post by Michelled0422 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:42 pm
Hi. I was with aperture and the same was said to me. I paid my last payment January and received my certificate April 2017

Michael1971

Post by Michael1971 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:05 pm
Thank you both for your advice. :D

Jo1979

Post by Jo1979 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:44 pm
Final payment made to Aperture August 28th 2017.... absolutely no sign of a completion certificate yet .... it’s so frustrating!! Aperture are bloomin useless and impossible to get hold of! Emails are ignored... phone calls never returned...
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “annual review”