Finally completed my IVA and received my Completion Certficate

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Mark_H2

Post by Mark_H2 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:25 pm
Hi everyone,
I thought i’d post a message to help people see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Last week, I received my completion certificate after paying my last payment into my IVA in September 2020. My IVA was with McCambridge Duffy and I found them very easy to deal with and very supportive and responsive to any queries I had. My IVA was extended due to the equity release clause but this was handled quickly and efficiently by McCambridge Duffy.
I ended up pay back just of 45p in each Pound. Ideally, I would have liked to have paid more back from a personal pride perspective but in reality that was not possible.
I now most of my defaults have now disappeared and i’m now waiting for the IVA to show as completed then it’s time to remortgage and save some money...

This is the first Christmas I have paid for all the presents with money I have saved and the feeling is fantastic and I still have some money in the bank..not a lot admittedly but that’s not the point....

To everyone who is in an IVA please hang in there and try to keep positive. The feeling at the end is great when that certificate arrives.

Be strong and have a good a Christmas

Mark

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:28 pm
Well done, Mark, and congratulations ! 45p is, in fact, a very good dividend, so don't feel despondent.

Enjoy (a paid for) Christmas :)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

T9UPS

Post by T9UPS » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:16 pm
Well done, I too completed mine in April but only just got my completion certificate . It’s a fantastic feeling at the end of what feels a very long road.

Here’s to a debt free future

Have a lovely Christmas

Ajay1992

Post by Ajay1992 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:43 pm
Congratulations. For someone just at the beginning of the iva process seeing success stories like this gives me a lot of hope.

Have a fantastic Christmas.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:35 am
Great Post that will help others who will be midway through their journey or just starting out - proof that it does come to an end.

Well done ... enjoy Christmas knowing you don't have debt to worry over after Christmas
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

johnse

Post by johnse » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:03 pm
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:25 pmMark_H2 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I thought i’d post a message to help people see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Last week, I received my completion certificate after paying my last payment into my IVA in September 2020. My IVA was with McCambridge Duffy and I found them very easy to deal with and very supportive and responsive to any queries I had. My IVA was extended due to the equity release clause but this was handled quickly and efficiently by McCambridge Duffy.
I ended up pay back just of 45p in each Pound. Ideally, I would have liked to have paid more back from a personal pride perspective but in reality that was not possible.
I now most of my defaults have now disappeared and i’m now waiting for the IVA to show as completed then it’s time to remortgage and save some money...

This is the first Christmas I have paid for all the presents with money I have saved and the feeling is fantastic and I still have some money in the bank..not a lot admittedly but that’s not the point....

To everyone who is in an IVA please hang in there and try to keep positive. The feeling at the end is great when that certificate arrives.

Be strong and have a good a Christmas

Mark
Well done! That’s fab news

Can I ask what happens at your final annual review? Is it the same as any other annual review? Do they just ask for your payslips?

Thanks!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:06 pm
Final review is much like any other except that the emphasis is on the past 12 months income, rather than the next 12 months expenditure. They are likely to require what they have asked for in previous reviews.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”