First challenge after iva

10 posts Page 1 of 1

stringyAcid

Post by stringyAcid » Sat May 14, 2016 6:33 pm
So debt has gone and life is so much better. Today is my daughters 16 th. I have been a seperated father since she was 1. I am going out for dinner with all her family. I'm going on my own as my is mum is ill and I am single. Guests to her mums side 22 guests to her dads side, erh Me. Not been in the same room as mum in 14.5 years. Shared time and access 50/50 but we really don't like each other, think Putin / Obama. Needless to say I am pretty nervous. If I don't come back alive I just want to say to the forum it's been nice and a pleasure knowing you.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:37 pm
I do hope you have a good time - we know the feelings of dysfunctional families as we are part of one. Do speak to his ex (mine is sadly deceased now) and get on with the step kids although our own daughter is close to being disowned at the moment!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat May 14, 2016 6:47 pm
At my daughter's wedding she had three "fathers of the bride" present !As well as a mum and two step mums !
Last edited by Foggy on Sat May 14, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:59 pm
At my daughters wedding she had us, her parents in law and brother in law and hubbies ex wife and her husband as well as assorted step kids and grandkids (ours - not hers!!)
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

stringyAcid

Post by stringyAcid » Sat May 14, 2016 11:02 pm
Thanks foggy and Kallis I'm home now and think I did pretty well. Only cock up was in my goodbyes to people I turned to daughters mum and said nice to meet you. Genuinely picked the wrong phrase out of nerves. Looked an idiot at that point but the best was having the cash on the hip to pay for daughters friends as well and not blink an eye.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat May 14, 2016 11:05 pm
Ah families can be funny things, I have experience of an ex and he didn't even come to his own daughter's wedding!

Not to worry, life's too short to do that, glad you're back and don't worry about what you said, nerves as you say.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:09 pm
Glad it went ok but I can agree that it is awful when you cock up! Been there and done that! At least you had the cash!!
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun May 15, 2016 9:33 am
Cock up .. maybe .. but it will become a fond memory :-) Well done.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Anna.21

Post by Anna.21 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:25 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by stringyAcid

So debt has gone and life is so much better. Today is my daughters 16 th. I have been a seperated father since she was 1. I am going out for dinner with all her family. I'm going on my own as my is mum is ill and I am single. Guests to her mums side 22 guests to her dads side, erh Me. Not been in the same room as mum in 14.5 years. Shared time and access 50/50 but we really don't like each other, think Putin / Obama. Needless to say I am pretty nervous. If I don't come back alive I just want to say to the forum it's been nice and a pleasure knowing you.

Anna.21

Post by Anna.21 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:29 pm
Pin a smile on & enjoy. In moments of doubt say nothing. Works a treat. I know. Have a great time.
Am sure your daughter will be pleased you are there.
I have two fantastic daughters.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”